OTRA Based Second Order Universal Filter and its optimization like Butterworth, Chebyshev and Bessel
Vivek Bhatt, Pramod Benjwal, Manoj Joshi
Citation: Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Research in Intelligent and Computing in Engineering, Vijender Kumar Solanki, Vijay Bhasker Semwal, Rubén González Crespo, Vishwanath Bijalwan (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 10, pages 143–150 (2017)
Abstract. This research work brings operational transresistance amplifier (OTRA) based second order universal filter, with three main filter optimizations like Butterworth, Chebyshev and Bessel. The universal filter offers all five sections of filter responses likes: Low-Pass, High-Pass, Band-Pass, Band-Rejection and All-Pass. Design is based on the RC-RC decomposition technique. Finally, simulation results are performed to verify the theoretical results using ORCAD 10.5 circuit simulator.
- E. S. Erdogan and O. Cicekoglu, “New Current Mode Special Function Continuous- Time Active Filters Employing Only OTAs and OPAMPs”, International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 91, pp. 345-359, 2004.
- R. Šotner and J. Slezák, “Current-Controlled Current Mode Universal Biquad Employing Multi-Output Transconductors”, Radioengineering, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 285–294, 2009.
- C. Toumazou, and F.J. Ledgey, “Universal Active Filter Using Current Conveyors”, Electronics Letters, Vol. 22, pp. 662-664. 1986.
- A. U. Keskin and E. Hancioglu, “Current mode multifunction filter using two Current Differencing Buffer Amplifiers,” International Journal of Electronics and Communications, vol. 59, no. 8, pp. 495–498, 2005.
- K. N. Salama and A. M. Soliman, “CMOS OTRA for analog signal processing applications”, Microelectronics Journal, Vol. 3 pp. 236-245, 1999.
- H. Mostafa “A modified CMOS realization of the operational transresistance amplifier (OTRA),” Frequenz, vol. 60, no. 2-4, pp. 70–76, 2006.
- J. J. Chen and C. Chen, “Operational transresistance amplifier using CMOS technology”, Electronics Letters, Vol. 8, pp. 2087-2088, 1992.
- J. J. Chen, H.W. Tsao and W. Chui, “Parasitic-capacitance-insensitive current-mode filters using operational transresistance amplifier”, IEE Proceedings Part G: Circuits, Devices and Systems, Vol. 142, pp. 186-192, 1995.
- K. N. Salama, and A.M. Soliman, “Universal filters using the OTRAs”, AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 53, pp. 49-52, 1999.
- U. Cam, “A novel single-resistance-controlled snusoidal oscillator employing single operational transresistancenamplifier”, Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, Vol. 32, pp. 184-186, 2002.
- U. Cam and O. Cicekoglu, “Novel transimpedance type first-order all-pass filter using single OTRA”, AEU International Journal of Electronics & Communications, Vol. 58, pp. 296-298, 2004.
- R. Senani, “KHN-equivalent bi-quad using current conveyors”, Electronics Letters, Vol. 31, pp. 625-628, 1995.
- S. Shah, “Design of KHN bi-quad using operational trans-conductance amplifier”, The 2002 45th Midwest Symposium on Circuit and Systems, Vol. 1, pp. 48-51, 2002.
- A.M. Soliman, “Voltage mode and current mode Tow Thomas bi-quadratic filters using ICCII”, International Journal of Circuit Theory and Applications, Vol. 35, pp. 462-466, 2007.
- P.E. Fleischer and J. Tow, “Design formulas for bi-quad filters using three operational amplifiers”, Proceedings of the IEEE, Proceeding Letters, Vol. 61, pp. 662-663, 1973.
- S. Kilinc and U. Çam, “Realization of nth Order Voltage Transfer Function using a Single Operational Transresistance Amplifier”, ETRI Journal, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 647-650. 2005.
- N. Pandey and S. K. Paul “VM and CM Universal Filters Based on Single DVCCTA”, Hindawi Publishing Corporation Active and Passive Electronic Components, Vol. 2011.
- C. Wang, H. Liu and Yan Zhao, “A New Current-Mode Current-Controlled Universal Filter Based on CCCII(±)”, Circuits Syst Signal Process, pp.673–682, 2008.
- N. A. Shah E. M. Quadri E. Syed and Z. Iqbal, “CDTA based universal transadmittance filter”, Analog Integr Circ Sig Process , pp. 65–69. 2007
- J. W. Horng, “High Order Current-Mode and Trans-impedance Mode Universal Filters with Multiple Inputs and Two Outputs Using MOCCIIs,” Radioengineering, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 537–543, 2009.