Realization of Colpitts Oscillator using second generation current controlled current conveyor
Manoj Joshi, Vivek Bhatt, Ashish Ranjan, Pramod Benjwal
Citation: Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Research in Intelligent and Computing in Engineering, Vijender Kumar Solanki, Vijay Bhasker Semwal, Rubén González Crespo, Vishwanath Bijalwan (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 10, pages 49–52 (2017)
Abstract. An inductor-less tunable Colpitts oscillator using second generation current controlled current conveyor (CCCII) is implemented. The circuit uses a CCCII and three grounded capacitors. The passive inductor has been replaced by an active inductor  connected to the ground. Thus the absence of external resistor and an inductor in the circuit makes it more complacent for IC Design. The frequency of oscillation can easily be electronically adjusted. The PSPICE simulation results have been deduced. The theoretical results are verified with the parameters of BJT PR100N (PNP) and NR100N (NPN) using PSPICE simulation tool.
- D. Chattopadhyay, Electronics- fundamentals and applications. New age international, pp. 224-226.
- J. W. Horng, “A sinusoidal oscillator using current controlled current conveyors,” Int. J. Electronics, vol. 88, pp. 659–664, 2001.
- A. Khan, K. Dey and S. S. Roy,“Novel RC sinusoidal oscillator using second generation current conveyor,”IEEE transaction on instrumentation and measurement, vol. 54, pp. 2402 - 2406, 2005.
- A. Lahiri,“Deriving (MO) (I) CCCII Based Second-order Sinusoidal Oscillators with Non-interactive Tuning Laws using State Variable Method,” Radioengineering, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 349-353, 2011.
- M. Kumar,“A low power voltage controlled oscillator design.” ISRN Electronics, 2013.
- US 1624537, E.H. Colpitts “Oscillation generator,”Published 1: February 1918, issued 12 April 1927.
- A. Fabre, O. Saaid, and C. Boucheron, “High frequency applications based on a new current controlled conveyor,”IEEE Transactions Circuits Systems I: Fundamental Theory and Applications, vol. 43, pp. 82–91, Jan. 1996.
- C. Toumazou, G. Haigh, Analogue IC design: the current-mode approach. IEE circuit and system series, ISBN-13: 978-0863412158, Peter Peregrinus Ltd. 1990.
- M. P. Kennedy, C. Wegener,“RF Chaotic Colpitt’s oscillator,” In Proceedings of the 3rdNDES. Dublin, Ireland, pp. 255-259, 1995.
- M. P. Kennedy,“Chaos in the Colpitts oscillator,” IEEE Trans on Circuits and Systems I: Fundamental Theory and Applications,vol. 41, pp. 771-774,1994.
- M. P. Kennedy, G. Maggio,“Nonlinear Analysis of the Colpitts Oscillator and Applications to Design,” IEEE TransactionsCircuits and Systems-I: Fundamental Theory and Application,vol. 46, pp. 1118-1130, 1999.
- T. jiang, Z. G. Shi,“Ambiguity Function of Chaotic Radar with Colpitts Oscillator,” In Proceedings of PIERS, pp.94-98 2008.
- H. Kuntmanand, A. Toker, “New oscillator topologies on a single inverting second generation current conveyor,” Turk J ElecEngin, vol.10, pp.110-129, 2002.
- C. Y. Cha, S. G. Lee, “A complementary Colpitts oscillator in CMOS technology,” IEEE Transactions Microwave Theory Tech, vol.53, pp.881– 887, 2005.
- T. Ettaghzouti, N. Hassen and K.Bedbes,“High-performance second-generation controlled current conveyor CCCII and high frequency applications,” International Journal of Electrical, Computer, Energetic, Electronic and Communication Engineering, vol.5, pp.1759-1768, 2011.
- N Pandey, S.K. Paul,“Realization of Generalized Mixed Mode Universal Filter Using CCCIIs,” Journal of Active and Passive Electronic Devices, vol. 55, no 3, pp.279-293, 2009.
- A. Ranjan, M. Ghosh and S.K. Paul,“Current Conveyor Based CMOS Sinusoidal Oscillator,” Journal of Active and Passive Electronic Devices, vol. 7, pp. 173–179, 2012.
- M. Bhusan, R.W. Newcomb,“Grounding of capacitors in integrated circuits,” Electronics Letters, vol. 3, pp.148–2, 1967.
- R. Frey, “Log domain filtering: ‘An approach to current-mode filtering,” IEE Proceeding G (circuit Devices and system), pp. 406-10, 1993.