A Wide Band Speech Coding Technique using Low Delay Code Excited Linear Predictive Algorithm (LD-CELP)
Swati Joshi, Hemant Purohit
Citation: Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Research in Intelligent and Computing in Engineering, Vijender Kumar Solanki, Vijay Bhasker Semwal, Rubén González Crespo, Vishwanath Bijalwan (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 10, pages 45–48 (2017)
Abstract. A fair level of speech quality is desired in speech transmission for mobile voice services. The effective utilization of bandwidth and higher bit rate is must for a best quality speech coder. But at a time the both requirements are not fulfilled in desired format. The research is ongoing in the area of designing speech coder's. In general the CELP is an algorithm to design a good quality speech coder. From 80's to present the advancement in this technique is going on. In this paper a wide band speech coding technique is proposed using LD-CELP algorithm. The overall performance of LD-CELP (16Kbps) is summarized and computed on MATLAB version R2016a with parameters MSE and SNR. In conclusion we observe that SNR for LD-CELP is not much better and enhancement in this is necessary
- T. Ogunfunmi and M.J.Narasimha, “Speech Over VoIP Networks: Advanced Signal Processing and System Implementation”, IEEE Circuits and Systems Magazine, pp.35-55, Second Quarter, 2012.
- T. Ogunfunmi and M.J. Narasimha, “Principles of Speech Coding”, CRC Press, 2010.
- Prof. David L. Neuhoff Philip I.Tsai University of Michigan EECS 651 Project Report “Design of a CELP coder and analysis of various quantization techniques” Winter 2005.
- Niranjan Shetty and Jerry D. Gibson “Perceptual Pre-weighting and Post-inverse weighting for Speech Coding” Signals, Systems and Computers, ACSSC 2007, Conference Record of the Forty-First Asilomar Conference 4-7 Nov. 2007.
- Anssi Ramo and Henri Toukomaa Report “On comparing speech quality of various NB and WB speech coders”. Multimedia Technologies laboratory, Nokia Research Center, Tampere, Finland.
- B. Edler and G. Schuller, “Perceptual Audio Coding using Adaptive Pre and Post-Filters and Lossless Compression,” IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), vol. 10, pp. 881–884, 2000.
- M.Dietz etal, “Overview of the EVS Codec Architecture”, Proc. IEEE ICASSP, 2015.
- Qualcomm Inc., IWAENC 2014 Presentation, “Enhanced Voice Services”, Sept. 2014.
- Prof. Tokunbo Ogunfunmi, Director Signal Processing Lab, Santa Clara University, California, USA, Mr. Shivakumar Mathapathi, Co-Founder and CTO Dew Mobility, Fremont California USA “Introduction to speech coding with internet of things (IOT) Applications” Course material November 2016 NIT, Agartala (Tripura) India, by MHRDA India under GIAN (Global Initiative of Academic Networks) Courses.
- Rhutuja Jage1, Savitha Upadhya “Implementation of CELP and MELP Speech Coding Techniques” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering Vol. 5, Issue 6, June 2016.