Design of Z-Shape Compact Antenna for Next Generation Wireless Network
Swarnaprava Sahoo, Mihir Narayan Mohanty, Rabindra Kumar Mishra
Citation: Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Research in Intelligent and Computing in Engineering, Vijender Kumar Solanki, Vijay Bhasker Semwal, Rubén González Crespo, Vishwanath Bijalwan (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 10, pages 301–304 (2017)
Abstract. The wireless communication technology is developing day by day so that various generations are taken birth. The fifth generation is considered as the next generation network and awaiting for implementation. Considering this scenario, compact antenna plays a vital role to make this dream to be realized. In this research work authors have taken a strive to design such required antenna where the bandwidth has been enhanced. The two different frequencies range covers up to fourth generation networks and beyond. Similarly, the bandwidth has been enhanced up to 75 MHz and 112.5 MHz which is approximately doubles the value of the current bandwidth. The antenna has to be pasted in the mobile circuit to maintain the data transfer in seamless mode. For suitability of the space Z-shape micro strip antenna has been developed. The result shows the achievement in terms of bandwidth, return loss, VSWR, directivity and gain. It is of C- band/ S-band satellite communication for application in wireless communication.
- D.M. Pozar, “Microstrip antennas”, IEEE Transaction on Antenna and Propagation, Vol. 80, No.1, pp.79-91, 1992.
- R. Waterhouse, “Small Microstrip patch antenna”, Electronics Letters, Vol. 31, No. 8, pp. 604-605, 1995.
- R Garg, P. Bhatia, I. Bahl and A. Ittipiboon, “Microstrip antenna Design Handbook”, Chapters 3 & 4, Artech House, Boston, London, 2001.
- K. L. Lau, K. M. Luk and K. F. Lee, “Design of a circularly polarized vertical patch antenna”, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No.4, pp. 1332-1335, 2006.
- A. Das, M. N. Mohanty and L. P. Mishra, “EA Based Optimized T-Slot Patch Antenna for Bandwidth Improvement”, IJET (Engineering Journals), Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 1357-1360, 2015.
- S. Sahoo and M. N. Mohanty, “Design of Z- shape Microstrip Antenna with I-slot for Wi-MAX/ Satellite Application”, 11th International Conference on Microwaves, Antenna, Propagation and Remote Sensing , ICMARS- 2015, Jodhpur, India, December 15-17, 2015.
- N. Misran, “ Design and Development of Broadband Inverted E- shaped Patch Microstrip Array”, American Journal of Applied Sciences, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 427-434, 2008.
- HFSS 13 – An soft 3D full-wave electromagnetic field software. http://www.ansoft.com/products/hf/hfss.
- M. Manzani, A. Alù, F. Bilotti, and L. Vegni, “Polygonal Patch Antenna for Wireless Communication”, IEEE transanctions on vehicular technology. Vol. 53, No. 5, September 2004.
- T.A. Milligan, Modern Antenna Design, second edition, IEEE Press, John Wiley & Sons inc., 2007.
- S. Maci and G. Biffi Gentilli, “Dual – frequency patch antennas”, IEEE Transactions Antennas Propagation Mag 39, pp.13-20, 1997.
- R. Kumari and M. Kumar, “Diamond shaped Micro strip patch antenna for Dual Band Operation” IEEE Conference IMPACT, 2013.
- S. K. Singh, P. Consul and K. K Sharma, “ Dual band gap coupled microstrip antenna using L- slot DGS for Wireless Applications” IEEE Conference ICCCA, 2015
- S. Mahapatra and M. N. Mohanty, “Simulation and Feed Analysis of Microstrip Antenna for UWB Communication”, IEEE Conference ICCPCT 2014, 18 – 20 December 2014, Noorul Islam University, Kanyakumari, Tamilnadu, India.