Short-Term Variable—Head Hydrothermal Generation Scheduling for Heuristic Search Method
Citation: Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Research in Intelligent and Computing in Engineering, Vijender Kumar Solanki, Vijay Bhasker Semwal, Rubén González Crespo, Vishwanath Bijalwan (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 10, pages 305–311 (2017)
Abstract. This paper based on Heuristic method to solve the short-term variable head hydrothermal generation scheduling problem. It uses Heuristic search method to find the result of all thermal and hydro power plants optimization. Numerical experiment show, this method to solve the non-linear problem with its available of constraints in acceptable time.
- Saini Ombeer and Sandhu Arun “Differential Evolutionary Search Method for Hydrothermal Scheduling”, proc. JECAS., vol 4, No 6, June 2015
- H. T. Kahraman, M. K. Dosoglu, U. Guvenc, S. Duman and Y. Sonmez, "Optimal scheduling of short-term hydrothermal generation using symbiotic organisms search algorithm," 2016 4th International Istanbul Smart Grid Congress and Fair (ICSG), Istanbul, 2016, pp. 1-5.
- Sandhu Arun, Saini Ombeer and Shalini “Steepest decent method for economic load dispatch using matlab”, proc. JECAS. vol 4, No 6, June 2015.
- E. B. Dahlin and D.W.Shen, “Application of Dynamic Programming to Optimization Of Hydro-Steam Power System Operation”, Proc. IEE., vol 112, No 12, 1965.
- T. G. Werner and J. F. Verstege “An Evolution Strategy For Short- Term Operation Planning Of Hydro Thermal Power Systems”, Proc. IEEE., Vol 14, No 4, November1999.
- M. E. El-Hawary and K.M.Ravindranath “Combining Loss and Cost Objective In Daily Hydro- Thermal Economic Scheduling” Proc IEEE. Transactions of Power Systems,Vol 6, No 3.1991.
- M. Farid Zaghlool and F. C. Troot, “Efficient Methods for Optimal Scheduling Of Fixed Head Hydro Thermal power System”, IEEE Trans of PWRS, vol 3, No.1, pp.24-30. Feb 1988.
- J. Wood and B. F. Wollenberg, “Power Generation, Operation and Control “, John Wiley and sons, New York, 1984.
- Abdul Halim, Abdul Rashid and Khalid Mohamed Nor, “An Efficient Method For Optimal Scheduling Of Fixed Head Hydro Thermal Plants”, IEEE Trans of PWRS, Vol6, No 2, May 1991.
- Yong-Hua Song, Malcom R.Lrving “Optimization Techniques for Electrical Power Systems Part 2 Heuristic Optimization Methods”, Power Engineering Journal June 2001.
- Nidulsinha, R. Chakrabarti, P. K. Chattopadhyay “Evolutionary Programming Techniques For Economic Load Dispatch”, IEEE Transactions On Evolutionary Computation Vol. 7, No. 1, February 2003
- N. sinha, R. Chakrabarti, and P. K. Chattopadhyay “Improved Fast Evolutionary Program For Economic Load Dispatch With Non- Smooth Cost Curves”, IE(I) journal –EL November 2004.
- Wood, A. J. and Wollenberg, B. F. , Power Generation Operation and Control 2nd ed., John Wiley & Sons, New York, USA.
- Venkatesh, P. and R. Gnanadass, and N. P. Padhy, , Comparison and Application of Evolutionary Programming Techniques to Combined Economic Emission Dispatch With Line Flow Constraints, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 18, pp. 688-697.
- Vaishakh, K. and Srinivas, L.R. , Differential evolution approach for optimal power flow solution, Journal of theoretical and applied Information Technology, A.P. (India), pp. 261-268.
- Thitithamrongchai, C. and Eua-arporn, B. , Self adaptive differential evolution based optimal power flow for units with non smooth fuel cost functions, Journal of electrical systems regular paper Thailand, pp. 88-99.
- Takriti, S.and Birge, J. R. , Using Integer Programming to Refine Lagrangian – Based Unit Commitment Solutions, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems vol. 15 no. 1 pp. 151-156.
- Rahimullah, B. N. S. and Abdul Rahman T.K. , Short-term Hydrothermal Generation Scheduling Using Evolutionary Computing Technique 4th Student Conference on Research and Development (SCORED 2006), Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia, pp. 27-28.
- N. Kawasaki, “Parametric study of thermal and chemical nonequi- librium nozzle flow,” M.S. thesis, Dept. Electron. Eng., Osaka Univ., Osaka, Japan, 1993.