Citation: Proceedings of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 11, pages 545–548 (2017)
Abstract. In this paper, an image steganography approach is presented dividing the cover image into 2x2 non-overlapping pixel blocks. The upper-left pixel of that block embeds a certain number of bits of the secret bit stream. Whereas, the remaining pixels of the same block embed the secret data using a modified version of the pixel-value-differencing (PVD) method that considers embedding secret data into both horizontal and vertical edges; unlike traditional image steganography approaches. The experimental results show that the proposed approach perceptually outperforms competing approaches in terms of the standard PSNR and the complex wavelet SSIM index. In turn, the imperceptibility of the stego-image is improved with a comparable bit-embedding capacity.
- F. Y. Shih, Digital Watermarking and Steganography: Fundamentals and Techniques. CRC Press, 2017. ISBN 978-1498738767
- S. Singh and T. J. Siddiqui, Transform Domain Techniques for Image Steganography. LAMBERT Academic Publishing, 2014. ISBN 978-3659697838
- G. Bugar, V. Banoci, M. Broda, D. Levický, and D. Dupak, “Data hiding in still images based in blind algorithm of steganography,” in the IEEE 24th Intern. Conf. Radioelektronika, April 2014. doi: 10.1109/Radioelek.2014.6828423 pp. 1–4.
- S. Ahani and S. Ghaemmaghami, “Colour image steganography method based on sparse representation,” IET Trans. on Image Processing, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 496–505, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1049/iet-ipr.2014.0351
- S. Wang, C. Li, and W. Kuo, “Reversible data hiding based on two-dimensional prediction errors,” IET Trans. on Image Processing, vol. 7, no. 9, p. 805Ű816, 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1049/iet-ipr.2012.0521
- M. A. Dagadit, E. I. Slusanschi, and R. Dobre, “Data hiding using steganography,” in the IEEE 12th Intern. Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing, 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ISPDC.2013.29 pp. 159–166.
- T.-C. Lu and Y.-C. Lu, An Improved Data Hiding Method of Five Pixel Pair Differencing and LSB Substitution Hiding Scheme. Springer Intern. Publishing, 2017, pp. 67–74.
- S. Kumar and S. Muttoo, “Image steganography based on wavelet families,” Journal of Computing Engineering Information Technology, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 1–9, 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2324-9307.1000105
- S. Gandharba and S. K. Lenka, “A novel steganography technique by mapping words with LSB array,” Intern. Journal on Signal Imaging Systems Engineering, vol. 8, no. 1-2, pp. 115–122, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1504/I-JSISE.2015.067052
- M. Kalita and T. Tuithung, “A novel steganographic method using 8-neighboring PVD (8nPVD) and LSB substitution,” in Intern. Conf. on Systems, Signals and Image Processing, May 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/IWS-SIP.2016.7502756 pp. 1–5.
- S. Sirsikar and J. Salunkhe, “Analysis of data hiding using digital image signal processing,” in the IEEE Intern. Conf. on Electronic Systems, Signal Processing and Computing Technologies, 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICESC.2014.28 pp. 134–139.
- K. Muhammad, M. Sajjad, I. Mehmood, S. Rho, and S. W. Baik, “Image steganography using uncorrelated color space and its application for security of visual contents in online social networks,” Future Generation Computer Systems. http://dx.doi.org/http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2016.11.029
- G. Swain, “Adaptive pixel value differencing steganography using both vertical and horizontal edges,” Multimedia Tools and Applications, vol. 75, no. 21, pp. 13 541–13 556, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11042-015-2937-2
- A. C. Bovik, The Essential Guide to Image Processing, 1st ed. Academic Press, 2009. ISBN 978-0123744579
- Z. Wang and E. P. Simoncelli, “Translation insensitive image similarity in complex wavelet domain,” in IEEE Intern. Conf. on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. II, march 2005. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/I-CASSP.2005.1415469 pp. 573–576.