Citation: Proceedings of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 11, pages 643–646 (2017)
Abstract. Recently, there has been an increasing number of attempts to analyze sport activities through the combination of sports science and ICT technology. In the case of soccer, several leading companies have already developed tracking techniques for players to automatically acquire sports analysis data. However, the automatic extraction of event data for analyzing the sports games is limited to the level of academic research, and the field still depends on the manual work of professional analysts. This paper proposes a soccer event recognition technology based on pattern matching. As can be seen from the experimental results, it is possible to recognize various events much more accurately than the event recognition technology at academic research level.
- J. Lee, D. W. Nam, J. S. Lee, S. Moon, K. Kim, and H. Kim, “A Study on Composition of Context-based Soccer Analysis System,” in Proc. ICACT 2017, pp. 886–889, Feb. 2017.
- T. Y. Lee, “A Detecting Method and a Training Method of Event for Soccer Video,” in Republic of Korea patent, patent registration number 10–0963744, May. 2010.
- A. Ekin, A. M. Tekalp, and R. Mehrotra, “Automatic soccer video analysis and summarization,” IEEE trans. Image processing, vol. 12, pp. 796–807, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2003.812758, Jul. 2003.
- M. Xu, N. C. Maddage, C. Xu, and Q. Tian, “Creating audio keywords for event detection in soccer video,” in Proc. ICME, pp. I-281–II-284, Jul. 2003.
- J. Lee, D. W. Nam, S. Moon, J. S. Lee, and H. Kim, “Apparatus and Method for Soccer Event Detection Based on Motion,” in Republic of Korea patent, patent application number 10–2016–0167319, Dec. 2016.
- W. J. Kim, S. Moon, D. W. Nam, and H. Kim, “Method and Device for Tracking Multiple Objects,” in Republic of Korea patent, patent application number 10–2016–0113911, Sep. 2016.
- J. Lee, S. Moon, D. W. Nam, and H. Kim, “Apparatus and Method for Recognizing Motion in Video,” in Republic of Korea patent, patent application number 10–2016–0169344, Dec. 2016.