Citation: Proceedings of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 11, pages 1039–1048 (2017)
Abstract. Building systems designed to support business processes and knowledge management requires the development of methods facilitating the integration of both these approaches. In order to use organisational knowledge during performing business processes, it is necessary to define the business process that will be supported and the scope of knowledge that will be used, as well as developing the architecture of the system that will provide codified knowledge. These issues have been addressed by the theories and application example presented in this paper. The aim of the paper is to show a developed methodology for the process of building business process oriented autopoietic knowledge management support systems.
- J. Jung, I. Choi, and M. Song, “An integration architecture for knowledge management systems and business process management systems” Computers in Industry, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 21–34, 2007.
- W. Scholl, C. Konig, B. Meyer, and P. Heisig, “The Future of Knowledge Management: An International Delphi Study” Journal of Knowledge Mangement, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 19–35, Apr. 2004.
- E. Gourova and K. Toteva, “Design of Knowledge Management Systems” in Proceedings of the 8th Nordic Conference on Pattern Languages of Programs (VikingPLoP), 2014, pp. 1–15.
- W. Scholl and P. Heisig, “Delphi Study on the Future of Knowledge Management - Overview of the Results” in Knowledge Management, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2003, pp. 179–190.
- K. Al-Mabrouk, “Critical Success Factors Affecting Knowledge Management Adoption: A Review of the Literature” in Innovations in Information Technology, 2006, pp. 1–6.
- S. Choy Chong, “KM critical success factors: A comparison of perceived importance versus implementation in Malaysian ICT companies” The Learning Organization, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 230–256, May 2006.
- P. Akhavan, M. Jafari, and M. Fathian, “Critical Success Factors of Knowledge Management Systems: A Multi-Case Analysis” European Business Review Journal, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 97–113, 2006.
- M. Żytniewski, “Modelowanie kontekstowej wiedzy o użytkowniku przy wykorzystaniu języków opisu ontologii” M. Pankowska, E Abramek (eds.), Economic Studies, Publishing House of the University of Economics in Katowice, vol. 216, pp. 160–169, 2015.
- M. Żytniewski, “Integration of knowledge management systems and business processes using multi-agent systems” International Journal of Computational Intelligence Studies, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 180–196, 2016.
- M. Żytniewski and R. Kowal, “Using Software Agents to Enhance the Functionality of Social Knowledge Portal” in Business Information Systems Workshops. BIS 2013. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, W. Abramowicz (ed.) Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2013, pp. 23–34.
- M. Żytniewski, A. Sołtysik, and R. Kowal, “Creation of software agents’ society from the perspective of implementation companies. the advantages of their use, the problems of construction and unique features” Business Informatics, no. 3(29), pp. 162–171, 2013.
- M. Żytniewski, “Application of the Software Agents Society in the Knowledge Management System Life Cycle” M. Pańkowska, S. Stanek, H. Sroka, (eds.) Cognition and Creativity Support Systems, Publishing House of the University of Economics in Katowice pp. 191–201. 2013
- M. Żytniewski, “Comparison of methodologies for agents’ software society modeling processes in support for the needs of a knowledge-based organization” in Wybrane zastosowania technologii informacyjnych zarządzania w organizacjach, L. Kiełtyka and R. Niedbał (eds.) Publishing House of University of Technology in Częstochowa, 2015, pp. 15–26.
- M. Żytniewski, A. Sołtysik, A. Sołtysik-Piorunkiewicz, and B. Kopka, “Modelling of Software Agents in Knowledge-Based Organisations. Analysis of Proposed Research Tools” in Information Technology for Management. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, vol 243, E. Ziemba (ed.) Springer, Cham, 2016, pp. 91–108.
- M. Żytniewski, “Autopoiesis of knowledge management systems supported by software agent societies,” in Refereed Paper Proceedings - KM Conference 2017 – Novo Mesto, Slovenia, 2017, p. (after possitive review).
- M. Żytniewski, “Gossip and Ostracism in Modelling Automorphosis of Multi-agent Systems,” in Complexity in Information Systems Development, J. Goluchowski, M. Pankowska, H. Linger, C. Barry, M. Lang, and C. Schneider (eds.) Lecture Notes in Information Systems and Organisation Vol.22, Springer, 2016, pp. 135–150.
- A. Bitkowska, “Knowledge management vs business process management in contemporary enterprises” Ekonomia i Zarzadzanie, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 31–37, Jan. 2016.
- V. Bosilj-Vukšić, “Business process modelling: A foundation for knowledge management” Journal of Information and Organizational Sciences, vol. 30, no. 2, 2006.
- V. Slavíček, “Enhancing Business Process Management with Knowledge” Information management, no. 1, 2011.
- H. Dudycz and J. Korczak, “Process of Ontology Design for Business Intelligence System” in Information Technology for Management. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, vol 243, E. Ziemba (ed.) Springer, Cham, 2016, pp. 17–28.
- R. Davis, “Introducing ARIS” in Business Process Modelling with ARIS: A Practical Guide, London: Springer London, 2001, pp. 15–31.
- M. Chinosi and A. Trombetta, “BPMN: An introduction to the standard” Computer Standards & Interfaces, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 124–134, 2012.
- Q. Li and Y.-L. Chen, “IDEF0 Function Modeling” in Modeling and Analysis of Enterprise and Information Systems, Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2009, pp. 98–122.
- N. Gronau, "Modeling and analyzing knowledge intensive business processes with KMDL comprehensive insights into theory and practice" Gito, 2012.
- J. Hois, "Modular ontologies for spatial information" Logos-Verl, 2013.
- C. Roussey, F. Pinet, M. A. Kang, and O. Corcho, “An Introduction to Ontologies and Ontology Engineering” in Ontologies in Urban Development Projects, G. Falquet, C. Métral, C. Tweed, and J. Teller (eds.) 2011, pp. 9–38.
- M. Żytniewski, “Business process oriented autopoietic knowledge management support system design” in Proceedings of the 26h International Conference on Information Systems Development, ISD 2017, UCLan, Cyprus, Septemmber 6-8, 2017 (after positive review).
- B. C. Grau, I. Horrocks, B. Motik, B. Parsia, P. Patel- Schneider, and U. Sattler, “OWL 2: The next step for OWL” Web Semantics: Science, Services and Agents on the World Wide Web, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 309–322, 2008.
- W3C, “The Organization Ontology.” https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-org/, 2014.