Citation: Proceedings of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 11, pages 657–662 (2017)
Abstract. This article proposes a laser beam encoding method that is used to control an augmented reality system. Experiments were performed using a red laser emitting a wavelength of L = 650 nm and a power of P = 3 mW. The purpose of the study was to investigate the methods of modulation and demodulation of the encoded laser signal, and to examine the influence of parameters such as laser pulse duration, camera image resolution, the number of recorded frames per second on the demodulation result of the optical signal. The results show that the proposed coding method provides the transmission of the necessary information in a single laser beam (no less than 36 codes with a decoding efficiency of 99.9\%). The developed coding method enables, based on the sequence analysis of video images, the influence on the course of the simulation performed in augmented reality, including distinguishing players and actions taken by them. This is an important advancement in relation to interaction systems used to influence augmented reality.
- D. R. Olsen, T. Nielsen, “Laser pointer interaction”, in Proceedings of the SIGCHI conference on Human factors in computing systems, pp. 17 – 22, 2001, https://doi.org/10.1145/365024.365030.
- F. Vogt, J. Wong, S. Fels, D. Cavens, “Tracking Multiple Laser Pointers for Large Screen Interaction”, Extended Abstracts of ACM UIST 2003, pp. 95 – 96, 2003.
- A. Soetedjo, E. Nurcahyo, “Developing of Low Cost Vision-Based Shooting Range Simulator”, in IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, vol. 11, no. 2, 2011.
- H. Ebrahimpour-Komleh, M. Tekiyehband, “Design of an interactive whiteboard system using computer vision techniques”, Proceedings of 6th International Symposium on Mechatronics and its Applications 2009(ISMA '09), pp. 423 - 26, 2009.
- J.-t. Wang, C.-N. Shyi, T.-W. Hou, C. P. Fong, “Design and Implementation of Augmented Reality System Collaborating with QR Code”, Computer Symposium (ICS), 2010 International, pp. 414 – 418, 2010, https://doi.org/10.1109/COMPSYM.2010.5685477.
- H. Ukida, S. Kaji, Y. Tanimoto, H. Yamamoto, “Human Motion Capture System Using Color Markers and Silhouette”, Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, IMTC 2006, proceedings of the IEEE, pp. 151 – 156, 2006, https://doi.org/10.1109/IMTC.2006.328334.
- A. Smeragliuoloa, N. Hillc, L. Dislad, D. Putrino, “Validation of the Leap Motion Controller using markered motion capture technology”, Journal of Biomechanics, vol. 49, 9, 2016, pp. 1742 – 1750, http://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2016.04.006.
- K. Barczewska, A. Drozd, “Comparison of methods for hand gesture recognition based on Dynamic Time Warping algorithm” in Proceedings of the 2013 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, pp. 207 – 210, 2013.
- J. Lebiedź, M. Szwoch, “Virtual Sightseeing in Immersive 3D Visualization Lab”, in Proceedings of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, vol. 8, pp. 1641–1645, 2016, http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2016F227.
- T. Bothe, A. Gesierich, W. Li, C. Kopylow, N. Kopp, W. Juptner, “3D-Camera for Scene Capturing and Augmented Reality Applications”, 3DTV Conference, pp. 1 – 4, 2007 https://doi.org/10.1109/3DTV.2007.4379469.
- T. Pałys, W. Żorski, “Enhanced movement tracking with Kinect supported by high-precision sensors”, in Proceedings of the 2015 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, vol. 5, pp. 883 – 888, 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2015F166.
- K. Murawski, A. Arciuch, T. Pustelny, “Studying the influence of object size on the range of distance measurement in the new Depth From Defocus method”, in Proceedings of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, vol. 8, pp. 817–822, 2016, http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2016F136.
- N. W. Kim, H. Lee, “Developing of vision-based virtual combat simulator”, in Proceedings of International Conference on IT Convergence and Security (ICITCS), Macao, China, pp. 1 – 4, 2013.
- GKDesign Engineering: “RS-232 Laser Transceiver”, Electronics Australia, pp. 56 – 61, 1997.
- K. Murawski, R. Różycki, P. Murawski, A. Matyja, M. Rekas, “An Infrared Sensor for Monitoring Meibomian Gland Dysfunction”, in Acta Physica Polonica A, vol. 124, no 3, pp. 517 – 520, 2013, http://dx.doi.org/10.12693/APhysPolA.124.517.