Citation: Proceedings of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 11, pages 895–899 (2017)
Abstract. Switching power converters can achieve very high efficiency. However, they do so only for slim subset of operating conditions. Power supplies and loads with highly variable parameters do not operate at peak performance all the time. Energy harvesting and battery powered systems are typical examples. This paper studies the convenience of heterogeneous parallel DC-DC converter as a solution to this problem. The use of multiple diverse converter topologies in parallel could expand range of operating conditions with high efficiency. Such solution poses another issue of balancing workload across all topologies in system with minimal computational power. Efficiency of proposed converter is estimated by modelling converter circuits and running heuristic optimization on these models.
- Lingyin Zhao and Jinrong Qian, Texas Instruments, "DC-DC Power Conversions and System Design Considerations for Battery Operated System", January 2006
- S. Žák, P. Šarafín, P. Ševčík, "The multi-topology converter for the solar panel", in FedCSIS proceedings of the 2016 Federated conference on Computer science and information systems, 2016, pp. 1107-1110, ISBN 978-83-60910-92-7.
- TI Literature Number SLVA061, "Application Report Understanding Boost Power Stages in Switchmode PowerSupplies", March 1999
- TI Literature Number SLVA057, "Application Report Understanding Buck Power Stages in Switchmode PowerSupplies", March 1999
- E. Niculescu, D. Mioara-Purcaru, M. Niculescu, I. Purcaru, M. Maria, "A Simplified Steady-State Analysis of the PWM Zeta Converter", in Proceedings of the 13th WSEAS International Conference on Circuits,pp.108-113,ISSN:1790-5117, ISBN:978-960-474-096-3
- Anthony Fagnani, TI Literature Number SLVA559, "Application Report Isolated Continuous Conduction Mode Flyback Using the TPS55340", January 2013
- Mohammad Kamil, Microchip Technology Inc., "AN1114 - Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS) Topologies (Part I)", 2007
- Antonio Bersani, Microchip Technology Inc., "AN1207 - Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS) Topologies (Part II)", 2008
- G. Spiazzi, D. Tagliavia and S.Spampinato, "DC-DC flyback converters in the critical conduction mode: a Re-examination" in Proc. IEEE IAS Conf., vol. 4, 2000, pp. 2426-2432.
- Szabo, J., “Comparison of Methods for Generating Initial Solution for Simulated Annealing”, CERES Central European Researchers Journal 2, Issue 1, 37-41, 2016
- Amin Alqudah, Ahmad Malkawi, Abdullah Alwadie, "Adaptive Control of DC-DC Converter Using Simulated Annealing Optimization Method", in Journal of Signal and Information Processing, 2014, 5, pp. 198-207