Citation: Proceedings of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 11, pages 773–782 (2017)
Abstract. This study focuses on multimodal artifact metrics and proposes a technique based on multimodal biometric systems that are a type of biometric identification systems. It is expected that this technique can aid in verifying the authenticity of each artifact in a more accurate manner and in increasing the level of difficulty involved in counterfeiting when compared to those of existing artifact metric techniques. This technique will ensure that artifacts will possess specific characteristics (two or more) that are extracted from different physical characteristics. The study created card-shaped samples with two physical characteristics (electrical and optical characteristics) to prove the feasibility of the proposed technique. The results indicate that two information features, namely sheet resistance and visible light image, which are extracted from the above characteristics, are different in each sample. This indicates that the two information features can correspond to the characteristic information necessary to distinguish each sample.
- ISO/IEC TR 24722:2015, “Information technology -- Biometrics -- Multimodal and other multibiometric fusion,” December 2015
- Arvind Slwal, Sunil Kumar Gupta, Surender, and Anubhuti, “Template security analysis of multimodal biometric frameworks based on fingerprint and hand geometry,” Perspectives in Science, Vol. 8, pp. 705-708, Sep. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pisc.2016.06.065
- Masaki Fujikawa, Fumihiko Oda, Kengo Moriyasu, Shingo Fuchi, and Yoshikazu Takeda, “Development of the New Artifact-metrics Technology for Valuable Pottery and Porcelain products,” Journal of Information Processing Society of Japan, Vol. 55, No. 9, pp. 1992-2007, Sep. 2014
- Europol, “International credit card fraud syndicate active in Europe and Asia disrupted,” July 8th 2016, available: https://www.europol.europa.eu/content/international-credit-card-fraud-syndicate-active-europe-and-asia-disrupted
- Focus Taiwan, “Taiwanese arrested for using counterfeit bank cards in Bangkok,” July 4th 2016, available: http://focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201607040020.aspx
- CBS Miami, “Father, Son Arrested In $50K Gift Card Fraud Raid,” September 1st 2016, Available: http://miami.cbslocal.com/2016/09/01/counterfeit-credit-card-operation-busted-in-sw-dade/
- CASIO America Inc., “Buyer Beware of Purchases Made From Unauthorized Resellers Of Casio premier G-Shock Products,” Available: http://www.gshock.com/support/Unauthorized
- news.com.au, “Tens of thousands of cunterfeit wheels made in China are on Australian roads, experts warn,” Available: http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/manufacturing/tens-of-thousands-of-counterfeit-wheels-made-in-china-are-on-australian-roads-experts-warn/news-story/bbf2565440a7ddf0c291a7ef9c4e9815
- Sutton, Caroline and Kevin Markey, “More How Do They Do That?” New York: William Morrow & Co., 1993.
- ISO：ISO/IEC 7810:2003, Identification cards -- Physical characteristics
- Akio Taniguchi, “Application of Organic Semiconductors,” CMC Technical Library, No. 297, pp. 100/101, CMC publishing. (Japanese)
- Masaki Fujikawa, Kouki Jitsukawa, and Shingo Fuchi, “The Proposal for the Multimodal Artifact Metrics and the Study of Applicability to Synthetic Resin Products,” Proc. of the Computer Security Symposium, pp. 343-348, Oct. 2016. (Japanese)
- Hisanori Shinohara, “Recent Advances in the Research and Development of Nanocarbon Materials,” CMC publishing, 2008.
- Hiroshi Ishikawa and Yoshihiro Tomioka, “Deterioration of Polymer Material, Journal of the Society of Heating,” Air-Conditioning and Sanitary Engineers of Japan, Vol. 79, No. 10, pp.961-968, 2005 (Japanese)
- Nabilah Shabrina, Tsuyoshi Issiki, and Hiroaki Kunieda, “Fingerprint authentication on touch sensor using Phase-Only Correlation method,” Proc. of the International Conference of Information and Communication Technology for Embedded Systems, May 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICTEmSys.2016.7467127
- Hiromitsu Kozuka, “Fundamentals of sol-gel coating technique,” New Glass, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 40-45, 2010.