Citation: Proceedings of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 11, pages 169–172 (2017)
Abstract. This article presents a new SVM classifier for the prediction of the extended early-stage (ES) protein structures. The classifier is based on physicochemical features and position-specific scoring matrix (PSSM). Experiments have shown that prediction results for specific classes are significantly better than those already obtained.
- M. Brylinski, L. Konieczny, P. Czerwonko, W. Jurkowski and I. Roterman, “Early-Stage Folding in Proteins (In Silico) Sequence-to-Structure Relation,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2 (2005), pp. 65–79, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/JBB.2005.65.
- B. Kalinowska, P. Alejster, K. Sałapa, Z. Baster and I. Roterman, “Hypothetical in silico model of the early-stage intermediate in protein folding,” Journal of Molecular Modeling, vol. 19, 20 13, pp. 4259–4269, https://dx.doi.org/10.1007\%2Fs00894-013-1909-6.
- Bishop C., “Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning,” Springer-Verlag, New York, 2006.
- J. J. Ward, J. L. McGuffin, B. F. Buxton and D. T. Jones, “Secondary structure prediction with support vector machines,” Bioinformatics vol. 19, 2003, https://doi.org/10.1093/bioinformatics/btg223.
- S. Kawashima, M. Kanehisa, “AAindex: Amino Acid index database,” Nucleic Acids Research 28(1):374, 2000, http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/nar/28.1.374.
- Yin-Fu Huang and Shu-Ying Chen, “Extracting Physicochemical Features to Predict Protein Secondary Structure,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 20 13, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/347106.
- B. Kalinowska, P. Fabian, K. Stąpor and I. Roterman, “Statistical dictionaries for hypothetical in silico model of the early-stage intermediate in protein folding,” Journal of Computer-Aided Molecular Design, vol. 29, 2015, https://dx.doi.org/10.1007\%2Fs10822-015-9839-2.
- M. Bryliński, L. Konieczny and I. Roterman, “SPI - Structure Predictability Index for Protein Sequences,” In Silico Biology, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 227–237, 2005.