Citation: Proceedings of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 11, pages 971–980 (2017)
Abstract. Companies willing to survive the numeric economy are forced to collaborate with each other in order to maximize their co-creation of value. This co-creation exists for many reasons: to sell and acquire information, goods and services, to optimize the quality of procedures, to improve security and privacy, etc. In this paper, we analyze and model value co-creation through three dimensions: the value's nature, the method of value creation, and the business object impacted by the value. By combining these dimensions, we afterwards suggest different types of co-creation schemas, and we propose an abstract language to communicate them. The latter is finally validated by applying the ``The Physics of Notations'' guidelines.
- J. Gordijn, H. Akkermans, and H. Van Vliet, “Designing and evaluating e-business models,” IEEE intelligent Systems, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 11-17, Jul. 2001. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/5254.941353
- A. Josey, M. Lankhorst, I. Band, H. Jonkers, and D. Quartel, “An Introduction to the ArchiMate® 3.0 Specification,” White Paper from The Open Group, Jun. 2016.
- J. L. G. Dietz, “Understanding and modelling business processes with DEMO,” Int. Conf. on Conceptual Modeling, 1999, pp. 188-202. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/3-540-47866-3_13
- OMG, “Value Delivery Metamodel Vers. 1.0,” OMG Document, No: formal/2015-10-05.
- R. Matulevicius, N. Mayer, and P. Heymans, “Alignment of misuse cases with security risk management,” in 3rd Int. Conf. on Availability, Reliability and Security IEEE, 2008. pp. 1397-1404. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ARES.2008.88
- C. Calero, J. Ruiz, and M. Piattini, “Classifying web metrics using the web quality model,” Online Inf. Review, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 227-248, Jun. 2005. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/14684520510607560
- C. Feltus, E. Grandry, T. Kupper, and J. N. Colin, “Model-Driven Approach for Privacy Management in Business Ecosystem,” in 5th Int. Conf. on Model-Driven Eng. and Software Development, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.5220/0006142203920400
- M. Langheinrich, “Privacy by design—principles of privacy-aware ubiquitous systems,” in Int. Conf. on Ubiquitous Computing, 2001, pp. 273-291. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/3-540-45427-6_23
- x, “Privacy by Design: Effective Privacy Management in the Victorian public sector,” Release date: Oct. 2014.
- J. Ralyté, “Towards situational methods for information systems development: engineering reusable method chunks,” in Procs. of 13th Int. Conf. on Inf. Sys.Development. Advances in Theory, Practice and Education. 2004.
- F. Bénaben, J. Touzi, V. Rajsiri, S. Truptil, J. P. Lorré, and H. Pingaud, “Mediation information system design in a collaborative SOA context through a MDD approach,” in Procs. of MDISIS, 2008, pp. 89-103
- A. W. Scheer, and M. Nüttgens, “ARIS architecture and reference models for business process management,” Business Process Management, 2000, pp. 376-389. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/3-540-45594-9_24
- G. Berio and F. Vernadat, “Enterprise modelling with CIMOSA: functional and organizational aspects,” Production planning & control, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 128-136, Jan 2001. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09537280150501239
- C. Grönroos, “Service logic revisited: who creates value? And who co-creates?,” European business review, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 298-314, 2008. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/09555340810886585
- V. A. Zeithaml, “Consumer perceptions of price, quality, and value: a means-end model and synthesis of evidence,” The journal of marketing, pp. 2-22, Jul. 1988. http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/1251446
- S. L. Vargo and R. F. Lusch, “Service-dominant logic: continuing the evolution,” Journal of the Academy of marketing Science, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 1-10, Mar. 2008. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11747-007-0069-6
- S .L. Vargo and R. F. Lusch, “Evolving to a new dominant logic for marketing,” Journal of marketing, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 1-17, Jan. 2004. http://dx.doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.184.108.40.20636
- A. F. Payne, K. Storbacka, and P. Frow, “Managing the co-creation of value,” Journal of the academy of marketing science, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 83-96, Mar 2008. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11747-007-0070-0
- H. Hastings and J. Saperstein, “A practice-driven service framework for value creation,” in 15th Conf. on IEEE Business Informatics, 2013, pp. 145-152. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/CBI.2013.29
- K. Storbacka, R. J. Brodie, T. Böhmann, P. P. Maglio, and S. Nenonen, “Actor engagement as a microfoundation for value co-creation,” Journal of Business Research, vol. 69, no. 8, pp. 3008-3017, Aug. 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2016.02.034.
- P. Frow, S. Nenonen, A. F. Payne, and K. Storbacka, “Managing Co‐creation Design: A Strategic Approach to Innovation,” British Journal of Management, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 463-483, Jul. 2015. DOI: 10.1111/1467-8551.12087
- E. K. Chew, “iSIM: An integrated design method for commercializing service innovation,” Information Systems Frontiers, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 457-478, Jun. 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10796-015-9605-y
- J. Gordijn, H. Akkermans, and H. Van Vliet, “Business modelling is not process modelling,” In Int. Conf. on Conceptual Modeling, 2000, pp. 40-51. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/3-540-45394-6_5
- H. Weigand, “Value encounters–modeling and analyzing co-creation of value,” in Conf. on e-Business, e-Services and e-Society, 2009, pp. 51-64. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-04280-5_5
- I. S. Razo-Zapata, E. K. Chew, and E. Proper, “Visual Modeling for Value (Co-) Creation,” in 10th Int. Workshop on Value Modeling and Business Ontologies, 2016.
- H. Alves, C. Fernandes, and M. Raposo, “Value co-creation: Concept and contexts of application and study,” Journal of Business Research, vol. 69, no. 5, pp 1626-1633, May 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2015.10.029
- K. R. Ranjan and S. Read, “Value co-creation: concept and measurement,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 290-315, May 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11747-014-0397-2
- M. Galvagno and D. Dalli, “Theory of value co-creation: a systematic literature review,” Managing Service Quality, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 643-683, Nov. 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/MSQ-09-2013-0187
- R. Hevner, S. T. March, and J. Park, “Design science in information systems research,” MIS quarterly, vol. 28, no. 1, 2004. DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4419-5653-8_2
- K. Peffers, T. Tuunanen, M. A. Rothenberger, and S. Chatterjee, “A design science research methodology for information systems research,” Journal of management information systems, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 45-77, Dec. 2008. http://dx.doi.org/10.2753/MIS0742-1222240302
- A. Smith, “The Wealth of Nations (1776),” New York: The Modern Library. 2000.
- J. Nyman, “What is the value of security? Contextualising the negative/positive debate,” Review of Int. Studies, 2016, pp. 1-19. DOI: 10.1017/S0260210516000140
- O. Korkman, “Customer value formation in practice: a practice-theoretical approach,” Svenska handelshögskolan, 2006.
- M. Theoharidou, A. Mylonas, and D. Gritzalis, “A risk assessment method for smartphones,” in IFIP Int. Inf. Sec. Conf., 2012. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-30436-1_36
- C. Feltus, E. Dubois, and M. Petit, “Alignment of ReMMo with RBAC to manage access rights in the frame of enterprise architecture,” in 9th Int. Conf. on Res. Challenges in Inf. Science IEEE, 2015. pp. 262-273. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/RCIS.2015.7128887
- R. M. Foorthuis, F. Hofman, S. Brinkkemper, and R. Bos, “Assessing business and IT projects on compliance with enterprise architecture,” in Procs. of GRCIS, 2009. http://dx.doi.org/10.4018/jdm.2012040103
- A. Dix, “Human-computer interaction: A stable discipline, a nascent science, and the growth of the long tail,“ Interact. Comput., vol. 22, no. 1, Jan. 2010. 13-27. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.intcom.2009.11.00
- H. Becker, “Social impact assessment: method and experience in Europe, North America and the developing world,” Routledge, Jan. 2014 http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/1099-162X(200010)20:4<353::AID-PAD75>3.0.CO;2-9
- I. Manuj and J. T. Mentzer, “Global supply chain risk management,” Journal of business logistics, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 133-155, Mar. 2008. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/09600030810866986
- M. Daneva, “Applying real options thinking to information security in networked organizations,” No. TR-CTI. Centre for Telematics and Information Technology, University of Twente, 2006.
- R. H. Dolin, L. Alschuler, S. Boyer, C. Beebe, F. M. Behlen, P. V. Biron, and A. Shabo, “HL7 clinical document architecture, release 2,” Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 30-39, Jan. 2006. http://dx.doi.org/10.1197/jamia.M1888
- DoDAF framework, http://dodcio.defense.gov/Library/DoD-Architecture-Framework/dodaf20_logical/
- C. Feltus, F. X. Fontaine, and E. Grandry, “Towards Systemic Risk Management in the Frame of Business Service Ecosystem,” in Int. Conf. on Advanced Inf. Sys. Eng., 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-19243-7_3
- Council of European Union, “General Data Protection Regulation,” 269/2014. http://ec.eu ropa.eu/justice/
- D. L. Moody, “The ‘physics’ of notations: a scientific approach to designing visual notations in software engineering,” in ACM/IEEE 32nd Int. Conf. on Software Eng., 2010, vol. 2, pp. 485–486. DOI: 10.1145/1810295.1810442