Citation: Position Papers of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 12, pages 153–159 (2017)
Abstract. The paper is devoted to the utilization of DEMO enterprise ontology (Design \& Engineering Methodology for Organizations) for refactoring purposes in software development. The main contribution of the paper resides in presentation of the method which interconnects ontological models of business processes with information system features implementation. Also, it allows the evaluation of their relevancy for enterprise. In contrast to other methods based on best practices, the proposal uses ontological description of business processes defined upon the theory in DEMO methodology. This makes the proposal unique compared to other approaches. Moreover, it provides a clear differentiation of features which are important for performing tasks by employees in company.
- M. Cohn, User stories applied: for agile software development. Boston: Addison-Wesley, 2004, pp. 31–41.
- J. F. Smart, BDD in action: Behavior-Driven development for the whole software lifecycle. New York: Manning Publications Company, 2014, pp. 3–32.
- J. L. G. Dietz, Enterprise ontology: theory and methodology. New York: Springer, 2006, pp. 16–31.
- J. Zacek, J. Matula, and F. Hunka, Context definition for BDD scenarios upon DEMO methodology, 2nd International Conference on Theory and Practice, Sia Pacific Institute of Advanced Research, 2016, pp. 164–169, ISBN 9780994365613.
- J. Matula, J. Zacek, and F. Hunka, Relevant User Stories by Using DEMO Analysis, Proceedings of the 11th Scientific Conference Internet in the Information Society, University of Dabrowa Górnicza, Cieplaka, 2016. pp. 21 –30. ISBN 9788365621009.
- S. J. H. Van Kervel, Ontology driven enterprise information systems engineering, 2012.
- M. Pesic and W. M. Van der Aalst, A declarative approach for flexible business processes management, Business Process Management Workshops, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2006, pp. 169–180.
- B. N. Grosof, Y. Labrou, and H. Y. Chan, A declarative approach to business rules in contracts: courteous logic programs in XML, Proceedings of the 1st ACM conference on Electronic commerce, 1999, pp. 68– 77.
- M. de Leoni, F. M. Maggi, and W. M. van der Aalst, An alignment-based framework to check the conformance of declarative process models and to pre-process event-log data, Information Systems, 2015, pp. 258–277.
- M. G. Skjæveland, M. Giese, D. Hovland, E. H. Lian, and A. Waaler, Engineering ontology-based access to real-world data sources, Web Semantics: Science, Services and Agents on the World Wide Web, 2015, pp. 112–140.
- G. Gigante, F. Gargiulo, and M. Ficco, A semantic driven approach for requirements verification, Intelligent Distributed Computing VIII, 2015, pp. 427–436.