Citation: Position Papers of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 12, pages 33–36 (2017)
Abstract. In the paper, we propose to use rough sets to express some properties (reachability of states) of systems whose underlying models of behaviour are trees of executions. By analogy with the modal operators of branching time temporal logics, we define positive, boundary and negative regions of anticipations of distinguished states (states of interest) in the modelled systems. Instead of a temporal logic approach, we propose to use a set theoretic approach.
- Z. Pawlak, Rough Sets. Theoretical Aspects of Reasoning about Data. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1991.
- Y. Yao and T. Lin, “Generalization of rough sets using modal logics,” Intelligent Automation and Soft Computing, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 103–120, 1996. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10798587.1996.10750660
- K. Pancerz and A. Schumann, “Rough set models of Physarum machines,” International Journal of General Systems, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 314–325, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03081079.2014.997529
- A. Schumann and K. Pancerz, “Roughness in timed transition systems modeling propagation of plasmodium,” in Rough Sets and Knowledge Technology, ser. Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, D. Ciucci, G. Wang, S. Mitra, and W.-Z. Wu, Eds. Springer International Publishing, 2015, vol. 9436, pp. 482–491.
- M. Ben-Ari, A. Pnueli, and Z. Manna, “The temporal logic of branching time,” Acta Informatica, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 207–226, 1983. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF01257083
- V. Goranko and A. Galton, “Temporal logic,” in The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, winter 2015 ed., E. N. Zalta, Ed. Metaphysics Research Lab, Stanford University, 2015.
- W. Ziarko, “Variable precision rough set model,” Journal of Computer and System Sciences, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 39–59, 1993. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0022-0000(93)90048-2
- D. Dubois and H. Prade, “Rough fuzzy sets and fuzzy rough sets,” International Journal of General Systems, vol. 17, no. 2-3, pp. 191–209, 1990. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03081079008935107