Citation: Communication Papers of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 13, pages 223–226 (2017)
Abstract. A robust watermarking technique for image content authentication is proposed. The scheme is robust to minor modifications resulting from legitimate image processing operations. At the same time, the modifications affecting image content are classified as forgery attacks by the proposed scheme. Simulation results are given for intentional modifications (i.e., forgery attacks) as well as unintentional modifications in the presence of different noise environments, including the coded orthogonal frequency division multiplexing which is used in 5G networks, to prove the effectiveness of the proposed scheme. A security analysis of the proposed watermarking scheme is given in the end.
- I. Cox, M. Miller, J. Bloom, J. Fridrich and T. Kalker, “Digital Watermarking and Steganography”, Morgan Kaufmann, 2007.
- H. Fiestel, “Cryptography and Computer Privacy”, Scientific American, May 1973, vol. 228, no. 5, pp. 15-23.
- O. Ur-Rehman, “Applications of iterative soft decision decoding”. Aachen: Shaker Verlag; 2013. ISBN:978-3-8440-1641-3.
- R. Graveman and K. Fu, “Approximate message authentication codes,” in Proceedings of 3rd Fed. lab Symposium on Advanced Telecommuni-cations/Information Distribution, vol. 1, College Park, MD, Feb. 1999.
- ISO/IEC 9797-1:2011, “Information technology -- Security techniques -- Message Authentication Codes (MACs) -- Part 1: Mechanisms using a block cipher”.
- ISO/IEC 9797-2:2011, “Information technology -- Security techniques -- Message Authentication Codes (MACs) -- Part 2: Mechanisms using a dedicated hash-function”.
- C. Boncelet, “The NTMAC for authentication of noisy messages”, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 35-42, Mar. 2006.
- Joint Channel Coding and Cryptography, Shaker Verlag, Aachen, 2008, ISBN 978-3-8322-7180-0.
- O. Ur-Rehman, N. Zivic, S.A.H.A.E. Tabatabaei, C. Ruland, "Error Correcting and Weighted Noise Tolerant Message Authentication Codes," 5th International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication Systems (ICSPCS), pp. 1-8, December 12-14, 2011.
- O. Ur-Rehman, N. Živic, "Discrete Wavelet Transform based Watermarking for Image Content Authentication”, 6th International Conference on Patterns Recognition Applications and Methods, Feb 24-26, 2017, Porto, Portugal.
- D. Onien, R. Safavi-Naini, and P. Nickolas, “Breaking and repairing an approximate message authentication scheme,” Discrete Mathematics, Algorithms and Applications, World Scientific Publishing Company, 2011.
- G. Di Crescenzo, R. F. Graveman, G. Arce and R. Ge, A Formal Security Analysis of Approximate Message Authentication Codes, Proc. of the 2003 CTA Annual Symposium, a US Dept. of Defense publication.