Citation: Communication Papers of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 13, pages 277–284 (2017)
Abstract. ISS-EWATUS is a EU founded project which aims to increase the effectiveness of water saving awareness. One of its key components is the social media platform, along with connectors and information exchanging throughout whole system. In this paper, the brief description of this platform is stated, as well as the dissemination results of a whole ISS-EWATUS project.
- Magiera, E., Froelich, W.: Integrated support system for efficient water usage and resources management (iss-ewatus). Procedia Engineering 89, 1066/1072 (2014)
- Capiluppi a., Wang Z.: A Social-Centred Gamification Approach to Improve Household Water Use Efficiency, 7th International Conference on Games and Virtual Worlds for Serious Applications (VS-Games), http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/VS-GAMES.2015.7295761, 2015
- Safa El-Jamal, A.C., Wang, Z.: A holistic dissemination strategy to deliver water conservation messages through gamication and social networks. In: Conference Water Efficency Network (WATEF). pp. 1/10 (2016)
- Binsted, A., Hutchins, R., Transport Research Laboratory (Great Britain). The role of social networking sites in changing travel behaviours. http://www.trl.co.uk/online_store/reports_publications/trl_reports/cat_traffic_and_the_environment/report_the_role_of_social_networking_sites_in_changing_travel_behaviours.htm, accessed 22/09/2014.
- Raacke, J., Bonds, J. MySpace and Facebook: Applying the uses and gratifications theory to exploring friend-networking sites. CyberPsychology & Behavior, 11(2), pp. 169–174, 2008.
- Jung, T., Youn, H., Mcclung, S. Motivations and self-presentation strategies on Korean-based “JCyworld” weblog format personal homepages. CyberPsychology & Behavior, 10(1), pp. 24–31, 2007.
- Dunne, A., Lawlor, M.-A., Rowley, J. Young people’s use of online social networking sites — A uses and gratifications perspective. Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, 4(1), pp. 46–58, 2010.
- Brandtzaeg P. and Heim J. Why People Use Social Networking Sites. In Proceedings of the 3d International Conference on Online Communities and Social Computing: Held as Part of HCI International 2009 (OCSC ’09), A. Ant Ozok and Panayiotis Zaphiris (Eds.). Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, pp. 143-152, 2009.
- Pattie, C., Seyd, P., Whiteley, P. Citizenship and civic engagement: Attitudes and behaviour in Britain. Political Studies, 51(3), pp. 443–468, 2003.
- Fogg. BJ A behavior model for persuasive design. In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Persuasive Technology (Persuasive ’09). ACM, New York, NY, USA, Article 40 , 7 pages, 2009.
- Barry W., Are personal communities local? A Dumptarian reconsideration, Social Networks, 18(4), pp. 347-354, 1996.
- McKenzie-Mohr, D. Fostering Sustainable Behavior: An Introduction to Community-Based Social Marketing. New York: New Society Publishers, 2011.
- Rolls, J. M. A review of Strategies Promoting Energy Related Behaviour Change. International Solar Energy Society Solar World Congress. Adelaide, South Australia 25th November-2nd December, 2001.
- Jackson, T. Motivating Sustainable Consumption: A review of evidence on consumer behaviour and behaviour change. Report to the Sustainable Development Research Network. Centre of Environmental Strategy, University of Surrey. Guilford, Surrey, 2005.