Citation: Communication Papers of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 13, pages 89–94 (2017)
Abstract. Fuzzy cognitive map (FCM) allows to discover knowledge in the form of concepts significant for the analyzed problem and causal connections between them. The FCM model can be developed by experts or using learning algorithms and available data. The main aspect of building of the FCM model is concepts selection. It is usually based on the expert knowledge. The aim of this paper is to develop and analyze a new evolutionary algorithm for selection of key concepts and determining the weights of the connections between them on the basis of available data. The proposed approach allows to reduce concepts during learning process based on metrics from the area of graph theory: significance of each node and total influence of the concept. A simulation analysis of the developed algorithm was done with the use of real-life data.
- J. Aguilar, “A Survey about Fuzzy Cognitive Maps Papers,” International Journal of Computational Cognition,vol. 3 (2), pp. 27–33, 2005.
- V. V. Borisov, V. V. Kruglov, and A. C. Fedulov, Fuzzy Models and Networks, Publishing house Telekom, Moscow, 2004 (in Russian).
- A. Buruzs, M. F. Hatwágner, and L. T. Kóczy, “Expert-Based Method of Integrated Waste Management Systems for Developing Fuzzy Cog nitive Map,” Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-12883-2_4
- A. Christoforou, A. S. Andreou, “A framework for static and dynamic analysis of multi-layer fuzzy cognitive maps,” Neurocomputing, vol. 232, pp. 133–145, 2017, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.neucom.2016.09.115.
- M. F. Hatwagner, L. T. Koczy, “Parameterization and concept optimization of FCM models,” Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE), 2015 IEEE International Conference on, 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/FUZZ-IEEE.2015.7337888
- W. Homenda, and A. Jastrzebska, “Clustering techniques for Fuzzy Cognitive Map design for time series modeling,” Neurocomputing vol. 232, pp. 3–15, 2017, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.neucom.2016.08.119
- W. Homenda, A. Jastrzebska, W. Pedrycz, “Nodes Selection Cri teria for Fuzzy Cognitive Maps Designed to Model Time Series,” In: Filev D. et al. (eds) Intelligent Systems’2014. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 323. Springer, Cham, 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-11310-4_75
- A. Jastriebow and K. Poczęta, “Analysis of multi-step algorithms for cognitive maps learning,” BULLETIN of the POLISH ACADEMY of SCIENCES TECHNICAL SCIENCES, vol. 62, Issue 4, pp. 735–741, 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.2478/bpasts-2014-0079.
- B. Kosko, “Fuzzy cognitive maps,” International Journal of Man-Machine Studies, vol. 24, no.1, pp. 65–75, 1986, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7373(86)80040-2.
- B. Kosko, Fuzzy Engineering, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1997.
- Ł. Kubuś, “Individually Directional Evolutionary Algorithm for Solving Global Optimization Problems - Comparative Study,” International Journal of Intelligent Systems and Applications (IJISA), Vol. 7, No. 9, 2015, str. 12-19.
- Ł. Kubuś, K. Poczęta, and A. Yastrebov, “A New Learning Approach for Fuzzy Cognitive Maps based on System Performance Indicators,” 2016 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, Vancouver, Canada, pp. 1–7, 2016.
- N. H. Mateou and A. S. Andreou, “A Framework for Developing Intelligent Decision Support Systems Using Evolutionary Fuzzy Cognitive Maps,” Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 19, Number 2, pp. 171–150, 2008.
- Z. Michalewicz, Genetic algorithms + data structures = evolution programs, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1996.
- E. Papageorgiou, “A Novel Approach on Constructed Dynamic Fuzzy Cognitive Maps Using Fuzzified Decision Trees and Knowledge-Extraction Techniques,” In: Michael Glykas (Ed.) Fuzzy Cognitive Maps: Advances in Theory, Methodologies, Tools and Applications, Springer, pp. 43–70, 2010.
- E. I. Papageorgiou, “Learning Algorithms for Fuzzy Cognitive Maps - A Review Study.” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics – Part C: Applications and Reviews, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 150–163, 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TSMCC.2011.2138694.
- E. I. Papageorgiou, M. F. Hatwágner, A. Buruzs, and L. T. Kóczy, “A concept reduction approach for fuzzy cognitive map models in decision making and management,” Neurocomputing vol. 232, pp. 16–33, 2017.
- E. I. Papageorgiou and K. Poczeta, “A two-stage model for time series prediction based on fuzzy cognitive maps and neural networks,” Neurocomputing, vol. 232, pp. 113–121, 2017, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.neucom.2016.10.072.
- K. Pocz ̨eta, A. Yastrebov, and E. I. Papageorgiou, “Learning Fuzzy Cognitive Maps using Structure Optimization Genetic Algorithm,” 2015 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS), Lodz, Poland, pp. 547–554, 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2015F296.
- J. T. Rickard, J. Aisbett, and R. R. Yager, “A New Fuzzy Cognitive Map Structure Based on the Weighted Power Mean,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 23, No. 6, December 2015.
- N. N. Selvin and A. Srinivasaraghavan, “Dimensionality Reduction of Inputs for a Fuzzy Cognitive Map for Obesity Problem," Inventive Computation Technologies (ICICT), International Conference on, 2016, https://dx.doi.org/10.1109/INVENTIVE.2016.7830187.
- V. B. Silov, Strategic decision-making in a fuzzy environment. Moscow: INPRO-RES, 1995 (in Russian).
- W. Stach, L. Kurgan, W. Pedrycz, and M. Reformat, “Genetic learning of fuzzy cognitive maps,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 153, no. 3, pp. 371–401, 2005, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fss.2005.01.009.
- W. Stach, W. Pedrycz, and L. A. Kurgan, “Learning of fuzzy cognitive maps using density estimate,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B, vol. 42(3), pp. 900–912, 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TSMCB.2011.2182646.
- G. Słoń, “Application of Models of Relational Fuzzy Cognitive Maps for Prediction of Work of Complex Systems,” Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence LNAI 8467, Springer-Verlag, pp. 307–318, 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-07173-2_27.
- R. J. Wilson, An Introduction to Graph Theory, Pearson Education, India, 1970.