Citation: Communication Papers of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 13, pages 229–235 (2017)
Abstract. From day to day we can observe an increasing adoption of Internet of Things in the world. Number of devices connected to the Internet is constantly growing. At the same time, the applications are getting more and more complex and its development becomes more difficult and requires testing. Access to the IoT testbed and possibility to execute the subsequent version of application in the same environmental conditions is desirable. In the paper, we present the concept of virtual testing environment which enables a possibility to create on demand Linux virtual devices which have access to virtual sensors and effectors deployed in the emulated environment driven by the user defined scenarios.
- A. Zanella, N. Bui, A. Castellani, L. Vangelista, and M. Zorzi, “Internet of Things for Smart Cities,” IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 22–32, Feb 2014.
- J. Shenoy and Y. Pingle, “IOT in agriculture,” in 2016 3rd International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development (INDIACom), March 2016, pp. 1456–1458.
- L. D. Xu, W. He, and S. Li, “Internet of Things in Industries: A Survey,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 2233–2243, Nov 2014.
- R. Brzoza-Woch, M. Konieczny, P. Nawrocki, T. Szydlo, and K. Zielinski, “Embedded systems in the application of fog computing - levee monitoring use case,” in 11th IEEE Symposium on Industrial Embedded Systems, SIES 2016, Krakow, Poland, May 23-25, 2016. IEEE, 2016, pp. 238–243. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/SIES.2016.7509437
- P. P. Ray, “A survey of IoT cloud platforms,” Future Computing and Informatics Journal, pp. –, 2017.
- A. Gluhak, S. Krco, M. Nati, D. Pfisterer, N. Mitton, and T. Razafindralambo, “A survey on facilities for experimental Internet of Things research,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 49, no. 11, pp. 58–67, November 2011.
- G. F. Riley and T. R. Henderson, “The ns-3 Network Simulator.” in Modeling and Tools for Network Simulation, K. Wehrle, M. GÃijnes, and J. Gross, Eds. Springer, 2010, pp. 15–34.
- J. Ahrenholz, C. Danilov, T. R. Henderson, and J. H. Kim, “CORE: A real-time network emulator,” in MILCOM 2008 - 2008 IEEE Military Communications Conference, Nov 2008, pp. 1–7.
- F. Bonomi, R. Milito, J. Zhu, and S. Addepalli, “Fog computing and its role in the Internet of Things,” in Proceedings of the first edition of the MCC workshop on Mobile cloud computing. ACM, 2012, pp. 13–16.
- S. Yi, C. Li, and Q. Li, “A survey of fog computing: concepts, applications and issues,” in Proceedings of the 2015 Workshop on Mobile Big Data. ACM, 2015, pp. 37–42.
- R. Kaploniak, L. Kwiatkowski, and T. Szydlo, “Environment emulation for WSN testbed,” Computer Science (AGH), vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 101–112, 2012. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.7494/csci.2012.13.3.101