Citation: Communication Papers of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 13, pages 335–341 (2017)
Abstract. Outsourcing of software development is gaining popularity and importance. The value of outsourcing a team is much higher when the team can be represented by technical leader. Many outsourced teams use agile methodologies, of which Scrum is most popular. In a team, distinguishing a specialized role such as technical leader does not conform to some agile principles. When building an IT system, it is important to have a technical leader in the team that can communicate to internal and external stakeholders. In this paper, the aspects of the communication abilities of technical leader are considered in more detail based on conducted surveys. The career paths of software engineers is an important issue. Some remarks are given concerning competences of technical leaders related to databases.
- R. Hoda, J. Noble, and S. Marshall, “Self-Organizing Roles on Agile Software Development Teams,” IEEE Trans. Softw. Eng., vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 422–444, Mar. 2013.
- Tholons, “2015 Top 100 Outsourcing Destinations.” www.THOLONS.com, 2015.
- L. D. Sienkiewicz and L. A. Maciaszek, “Adapting scrum for third party services and network organizations,” in 2011 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS), 2011, pp. 329–336.
- E. Hossain, P. L. Bannerman, and R. Jeffery, “Towards an Understanding of Tailoring Scrum in Global Software Development: A Multi-case Study,” in Proceedings of the 2011 International Conference on Software and Systems Process, New York, NY, USA, 2011, pp. 110–119.
- S. A. Kumar and A. K. Thangavelu, “Factors affecting the outcome of Global Software Development projects: An empirical study,” in 2013 International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI), 2013, pp. 1–10.
- D. Jayathilake, H. Yaggahavita, U. Senanayake, C. Elvitigala, and D. Sriyananda, “A scalable product quality verifier framework for a outsourcing supplier,” in 2011 IEEE International Conference on Computer Applications and Industrial Electronics (ICCAIE), 2011, pp. 390–395.
- J. Taylor, A. Sahym, and J. Vithayathil, “Do Powerful Technology Leaders Make a Difference in Firm Performance?,” 2015, pp. 4502–4512.
- The Open Group, TOGAF Version 9.1, 10th New edition edition. Zaltbommel: van Haren Publishing, 2011.
- PMI, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge: PMBOK(R) Guide, 5 edition. Newtown Square, Pennsylvania: Project Management Institute, 2013.
- K. Jamróz, D. Pitulej, and J. Werewka, “Adapting Enterprise Architecture at a Software Development Company and the Resultant Benefits,” in Software Architecture, vol. 8627, P. Avgeriou and U. Zdun, Eds. Cham: Springer International Publishing, 2014, pp. 170–185.
- J. P. De Jong and D. N. Den Hartog, “How leaders influence employees’ innovative behaviour,” Eur. J. Innov. Manag., vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 41–64, 2007.
- J. R. Katzenbach and D. K. Smith, The Wisdom of Teams: Creating the High-Performance Organization, Reprint edition. Harvard Business Review Press, 2015.
- D. Clutterbuck, Coaching the Team at Work. London ; Boston: Nicholas Brealey International, 2007.
- M. Armstrong, Managing People: A Practical Guide for Line Managers. Kogan Page Publishers, 1998.
- R. Friesel, “Defining the Scrum Tech Lead,” Tech.Dealer.com, 23-Jul-2015. .
- Lemi Orhan Ergin, “Do we need Technical Leads in Scrum?,” Flying to Moon, 12-Jun-2011. .
- K. Schwaber and K. Sutherland, Scrum Guide. 2016.
- M. Sieraczkiewicz, Technical leadership. Gliwice: Helion, 2016.
- IEEE Computer Society, “Software Engineering Competency Model Version 1.0 SWECOM.” IEEE Computer Society, 2014.
- J. Werewka and M. Wietecha, “Impact analysis of soft skills in transition from software developer to project manager positions,” Bus. Inform., vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 64–90, 2015.
- N. Schmidt and C. Meures, “‘Mind the Gap’: An Analysis of Communication in Agile Global Outsourced Software Development Projects,” in 2016 49th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), 2016, pp. 501–510.
- R. T. Mason, “Database Practicum for Teaching Database Administration and Software Development at Regis University,” J. Inf. Technol. Educ. Innov. Pract., vol. 12, 2013.