Citation: Proceedings of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 15, pages 1–4 (2018)
Abstract. The role of software in society and in industry in particular continues to grow exponentially. Most companies either have or are in the process of adoption continuous deployment of their software at products in the field and collect data concerning the performance of their systems. The continuous, fast feedback loops that companies now have available allow for a fundamentally different way of organizing. In fact, based on our work with dozens of companies, we have come to the conclusion that companies are moving towards a new, digital operating system. In this paper, we first present the key elements of the digital operating system and then discuss some of the challenges companies experience during the transformation
- Jan Bosch. Speed, data, and ecosystems: Excelling in a software-driven world. CRC Press, 2017.
- Jan Bosch and Helena Holmström Olsson. Ecosystem traps and where to find them. Journal of Software: Evolution and Process, page e1961, 2018.
- Petra M Bosch-Sijtsema and Jan Bosch. Plays nice with others? Multiple ecosystems, various roles and divergent engagement models. Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, 27(8):960–974, 2015.
- Helena Olsson, Anna Sandberg, Jan Bosch, and Hiva Alahyari. Scale and responsiveness in large-scale software development. IEEE Software, 31(5):87–93, 2014.
- Helena Holmström Olsson, Hiva Alahyari, and Jan Bosch. Climbing the” stairway to heaven”–a mulitiple-case study exploring barriers in the transition from agile development towards continuous deployment of software. In 2012 38th Euromicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications, pages 392–399. IEEE, 2012.
- Helena Holmström Olsson and Jan Bosch. From Opinions to Data-Driven Software R&D: A Multi-case Study on How to Close the “Open Loop” Problem. In 40th EUROMICRO Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications, pages 9–16. IEEE, 2014.
- Helena Holmström Olsson and Jan Bosch. The HYPEX Model: From Opinions to Data-Driven Software Development. In Continuous Software Engineering, pages 155–164. Springer, 2014.
- Helena Holmström Olsson and Jan Bosch. Towards continuous customer validation: A conceptual model for combining qualitative customer feedback with quantitative customer observation. In International Conference of Software Business, pages 154–166. Springer, 2015.
- Helena Holmström Olsson and Jan Bosch. No more bosses? In International Conference on Product-Focused Software Process Improvement, pages 86–101. Springer, 2016.
- Helena Holmström Olsson and Jan Bosch. From ad-hoc towards strategic ecosystem management: the three-layer ecosystem strategy model. Journal of Software Evolution and Process, 29(7):e1876, 2017.