Citation: Proceedings of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 15, pages 683–689 (2018)
Abstract. The main objective of this article is to compare of the utility of the multi-criteria TOPSIS method with scoring method and scoring method with preferences. The data was taken from Poland banking sphere in 2017. e-Banking websites were assessed from the point of view of an individual client. e-Banking helps to strengthen the bank's position in a competitive market environment; therefore, the high quality of a website frequently plays a decisive role in the perception of a bank as an organization. In the research the authors have used a scoring method, a scoring method with preferences and -- in order to verify the correctness of the results and compare them -- the TOPSIS method. An additional problem which appeared in the course of the study was the questions of whether the sophisticated multi-criteria methods produce better quality results than simple methods based on a scoring evaluation. Subsequently, on the basis of the obtained findings, the authors have carried out comprehensive and multi-dimensional analyses and presented the conclusions and recommendations drawn on the basis of the aforementioned analyses. The authors' contribution to the research was specifying the criteria for the evaluation of the websites as the main indicators of the perception of the quality of websites, identifying the best e-banking websites and formulating conclusions that may become a starting point for creating an effective quality management systems of e-banking services.
- F. J. Miranda, R. Cortes, C. Barriuso, "Quantitative Evaluation of e-Banking Web Sites: an Empirical Study of Spanish Banks", in: The Electronic Journal Information Systems Evaluation, No. 2(9), 2004, pp. 73–82, http://www.ejise.com/issue/download.html?idArticle=766.
- H. Bauer, M. Hammerschmidt , T. Falk, "Measuring the Quality of E-Banking Portals - an Empirical Investigation", International Journal of Bank, Vol. 23, No. 2, 2005, pp. 153–175; https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=962227.
- H. W. Webb, L. A. Webb, "SiteQual: an integrated measure of Web site quality", in: Journal of Enterprise Information Management, no. 6, vol. 17., 2004.
- J. Wątróbski, "Outline of multicriteria decision-making in green logistics", in: Transportation Research Procedia, 16, 2016, pp. 537–552.
- J. Wątróbski, J. Jankowski, "Guideline for MCDA method selection in production man-agement area", in: New frontiers in information and production systems modelling and analysis, Springer, Cham, 2016, pp. 119-138.
- J. Wątróbski, J. Jankowski, Z. Piotrowski, "The selection of multicriteria method based on unstructured decision problem description", in: International Conference on Computational Collective Intelligence, Springer, Cham, 2014 pp. 454–465.
- M. B. Mateos, A. C. Mera, F. J. Gonzales, O. R. Lopez, "A New Web Assessment Index: Spanish Universities Analysis", Internet Research: Electronic Application and Policy, no. 3, vol. 11., 2001.
- mBank, "Grupa mBanku - wprowadzenie, Najbardziej udany wzrost organiczny w Polsce", https://www.mbank.pl/pobierz/msp-korporacje/wyniki-finansowe/introduction_to_mbank_pol_2015_q3.pdf?noredir.
- NetBank, "Bankowość Internetowa i Płatności Bezgotówkowe IV kwartał 2017 r.", https://zbp.pl/public/repozytorium/wydarzenia/images/marzec_2018/konf/Netbank_Q4_20180329.pdf.
- R. Likert, "A Technique for the Measurement of Attitudes:, in: Archives of Psychology, No. 140, 1932.
- T. Saaty, "How to Make a decision. The Analytic Hierarchy Process", in: European Journal of Operational Research, Volume 48, Issue 1, 5, 1990, pp. 9–26.
- W. Boczoń, "Raport PRNews.pl: Liczba klientów mobile only – IV kw. 2017", https://prnews.pl/raport-prnews-pl-liczba-klientow-mobile-only-iv-kw-2017-433554.
- W. Boczoń,"Raport PRNews.pl: Rynek bankowości mobilnej – IV kw. 2017", https://prnews.pl/raport-prnews-pl-rynek-bankowosci-mobilnej-iv-kw-2017-433527.
- W. C. Chiou, C. C. Lin, C. Perng, "A strategic framework for website evaluation based on a review of the literature from 1995–2006", Information & Management, no. 5-6, vol. 47, 2010,
- W. Chmielarz, "Methodological Aspects of the Evaluation of Individual E-Banking Services for Selected Banks In Poland", chapt. 11 in: Infonomics for Distributed Business and Decision-Making Environments. Creating Information System Ecology, ed. M. Pańkowska, 2010.
- W. Chmielarz, M. Zborowski, "Analysis of e-Banking Websites’ Quality with the Appli-cation of the TOPSIS Method – A Practical Study", International Conference on Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Information & Engineering Systems, 2018, in press.
- W. Chmielarz, M. Zborowski, "Comparative Analysis of Electronic Banking Websites in Poland in 2016", in: Information Systems: Research, Development, Applications, Education, eds. S. Wrycza, J. Maślankowski, Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, 10th SIS-SAND/PLAIS EuroSymposium 2017 Gdańsk, Poland, Springer International Publishing, 2017, pp. 43–56.
- Y. K. Migdadi, "Quantitative Evaluation of the Internet Banking Service Encounter’s Quality: Comparative Study between Jordan and the UK Retail Banks", in: Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, no. 2, vol. 13., 2008.
- Z. Yang, S. Cai, Z. Zhou, N. Zhou, "Development and validation of an instrument to measure user perceived service quality of information presenting Web Portals", in: Information & Management, no. 4, vol. 42, 2005, pp. 234–254.