Citation: Proceedings of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 15, pages 551–554 (2018)
Abstract. A rehearsal environment for conducted orchestras via the public Internet requires a specialized server infrastructure, in order to provide minimal latencies between the musicians involved. In this document, we present a cloud computing concept based for digital signal processing of audio and video data in realtime. Since 60 musicians and one conductor shall connect to the cloud, it is most important to distribute the signal processing and machine learning algorithms over multiple processing servers. The server infrastructure under investigation is built on top of an AVB network segment to be scalable and to maintain low latencies and jitter under heavy load. Latency and jitter are the most important properties of the realtime streams that are connected to the cloud, and are analyzed and discussed. The results have proven the proper design of the concept, but revealed the need for further optimization.
- (2018, Apr. 23) Soundjack - a realtime communication solution. [Online]. Available: http://http://www.soundjack.eu
- A. Carôt, U. Krämer, and G. Schuller, “Network music performance (nmp) in narrow band networks,” in in Proceedings of the 120th AES convention, Paris, France. Audio Engineering Society, May 20–23, 2006.
- A. Carôt, S. Ebeling, C. Hoene, P. Platz, and H. Loridan, “Glass panel displays with addressable leds,” in Mensch und Computer 2018 (MUC2018). Dresden, Germany: Gesellschaft für Informatik, Technische Universität Dresden, Sep. 2–5, 2018.
- (2018, Apr. 23) Symonics gmbh. 72144 Dusslingen, Germany. [Online]. Available: http://symonics.de
- H. Zimmermann, “Osi reference model -the iso model of architecture for open systems interconnection,” in IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 28, No. 4, Apr. 1980, pp. 425–432.
- Timing and Synchronization for Time-Sensitive Applications in Bridged Local Area Networks, IEEE Std. 802.1AS, Mar. 2011.
- Virtual Bridged Local Area Networks - Amendment 14: Stream Reservation Protocol (SRP), IEEE Std. 802.1Qat-2010, Sep. 2010.
- Virtual Bridged Local Area Networks - Amendment 12: Forwarding and Queuing Enhancements for Time-Sensitive Streams, IEEE Std. 802.1Qav-2009, Jan. 2010.
- Layer 2 Transport Protocol for Time-Sensitive Applications in Bridged Local Area Networks, IEEE Std. 1722, May 2011.
- Device Discovery, Connection Management, and Control Protocol for IEEE 1722 Based Devices, IEEE Std. 17 221, Aug. 2013.
- (Revision of IEEE Std 802.1Q-2011) - IEEE Standard for Local and metropolitan area networks–Bridges and Bridged Networks, IEEE Std. Std 802.1Q-2014, Dec. 2014.
- (2018, Apr. 23) Xmos ltd. / attero tech inc. [Online]. Available: http://www.atterodesign.com/cobranet-oem-products/xmos-avb-module/
- H. Weibel and S. Heinzmann, “Media clock synchronization based on ptp,” in Audio Engineering Society Conference: 44th International Conference: Audio Networking, Nov 2011. [Online]. Available: http://www.aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=16146
- J. Kacur, “Realtime kernel for audio and visual applications,” in Proceedings of the Linux Audio Conference 2010. Wittenburg, DE: Red Hat, Apr. 2010.
- C. Kuhr and A. Carôt, “Software architecture for a multiple avb listener and talker scenario,” in Proceedings of the Linux Audio Conference 2018. Berlin, Germany: Linuxaudio.org, Jun. 7–10, 2018.
- A. Carôt and G. Schuller, “Towards a telematic visual-conducting system,” in AES 44th International Conference, San Diego, USA. Audio Engineering Society, Nov. 18–20, 2011.
- (2018, Apr. 23) Jack audio connection kit. [Online]. Available: https://jackaudio.org
- C. Kuhr, T. Hofmann, and A. Carôt, “Use case: Integration of a faust signal processing application in a livestream webservice,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Faust Conference 2018. Mainz, Germany: Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, Jul. 17–18, 2018.