Citation: Proceedings of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 15, pages 907–911 (2018)
Abstract. We have developed a method that enables better taking into account of need of space of actions of moving objects in a building when Building Information Modeling (BIM) is used. The 3D spatial objects for real space requirements of actions created with our method can be used with various design tools as such in dimensioning or to generate video game colliders defining the need of space. Together with the gamified model of the structure from BIM they enable dimensioning in designs and simulations. We can dimension spatial objects for example related to safety. There are a lot of needs and applications for our methods. It is possible to design buildings and other structures that fit their purpose well.
- An action space defining object for computer aided design. Finnish Patent 125913 , granted on April 15, 2016. Fourteen claims. Current owner : Xamk. Inventor : Selin, Jukka-Pekka. Is the origin of the PCT patent application WO 2014/154942 A1.
- An action space defining object for Computer Aided Design. PCT patent application WO 2014/154942 A1. Applicant Mikkeli University of Applied Sciences Ltd (Jukka-Pekka Selin).
- Rossi, Markku J. and Bhargav, Dave, Digitalization and quality enhancement initiatives in sw assisted design processes in building and construction industries. 9th International Conference on Computer Engineering and Applications, Dubai, 2015. ISBN 978-1-61804-276-7.
- Construction Company U.Lipsanen Oy, A Building Information Model of Commercial Center in IFC format, Pieksämäki, Finland, 2018.
- Selin Jukka., Rossi Markku J., Simulation of universal design by a functional design method and by Gamification of Building Information Modeling. FedCSIS, 2016 Federated Conference, Gdansk, Poland, 2016. ISBN 178-8-3608-1090-3 and 978-1-5090-0046-3, IEEE.
- BuildingSMART International. The official website of the IFC-format (ISO 16739:2013). Accessed on April 18, 2018. http://www.buildingsmart-tech.org/specifications/ifc-releaces
- The official website of the IfcOpenShell-project. Accessed on April 18, 2018. http://ifcopenshell.org/
- Unity Inc. The official website of the Unity game engine. Accessed on April 18, 2018. https://www.unity3d.com/
- Paloposki Tuomas, Myllymäki Jukka, Weckman Henry. VTT Oy. Julkaisu. http://www.vtt.fi. (ISBN:951–38–6114–7). Accessed on May 11, 2018.
- Magnusson, S.-E., Frantzich, H. & Harada, K. Fire safety design based on calculations – Uncertainty analysis and safety verification. Lund, SE: Lund University, 1995. 120 s. (Report 3078.) ISSN 1102–8246k.
- Weckman, H. Rakennuksista poistumisen laskennallinen arviointi. VTT Oy, Julkaisu. ISBN 951–38–5133–8, ISSN 1235–060