Citation: Proceedings of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 15, pages 651–658 (2018)
Abstract. The road network of big cities is a complex and hardly analyzable system in which the accurate quantification of interactions between nonadjacent road segments is almost an insolvable problem. In this paper we would like to present a novel method able to determine the effects (the time delay of an event and the exact level of the correlation) between distinct road segments of a smart city's road network. To reveal these relationships, we are investigating unexpected events such as traffic jams or accidents. This novel analysis can give signifi- cant insight to improve the operation of currently widespread prediction algorithms.
- J. He, S. Gong, Y. Yu, L. Yu, L. Wu, H. Mao, C. Song, S. Zhao, H. Liu, X. Li, et al., Air pollution characteristics and their relation to meteorological conditions during 2014–2015 in major chinese cities, Environmental pollution 223 (2017) 484–496.
- M. Krzyżanowski, B. Kuna-Dibbert, J. Schneider, Health effects of transport-related air pollution, WHO Regional Office Europe, 2005.
- A. Peters, S. Von Klot, M. Heier, I. Trentinaglia, A. Hörmann, H. E. Wichmann, H. Löwel, Exposure to traffic and the onset of myocardial infarction, New England Journal of Medicine 351 (17) (2004) 1721–1730.
- Y. Yue, A. G. Yeh, Y. Zhuang, Prediction time horizon and effectiveness of real-time data on short-term traffic predictability, in: Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference, 2007. ITSC 2007. IEEE, IEEE, 2007, pp. 962–967.
- A. Ermagun, D. Levinson, Spatiotemporal traffic forecasting: review and proposed directions, Transport Reviews (2018) 1–29.
- N.-E. El Faouzi, H. Leung, A. Kurian, Data fusion in intelligent transportation systems: Progress and challenges–a survey, Information Fusion 12 (1) (2011) 4–10.
- A. Stathopoulos, M. Karlaftis, Temporal and spatial variations of real-time traffic data in urban areas, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board (1768) (2001) 135–140.
- J. Wang, Y. Mao, J. Li, Z. Xiong, W.-X. Wang, Predictability of road traffic and congestion in urban areas, PloS one 10 (4) (2015) e0121825.
- S. Dunne, B. Ghosh, Weather adaptive traffic prediction using neurowavelet models, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems 14 (1) (2013) 370–379.
- M. Cools, E. Moons, G. Wets, Assessing the impact of weather on traffic intensity, Weather, Climate, and Society 2 (1) (2010) 60–68.
- Q. T. Tran, Z. Ma, H. Li, L. Hao, Q. K. Trinh, A multiplicative seasonal arima/garch model in evn traffic prediction, International Journal of Communications, Network and System Sciences 8 (04) (2015) 43.
- W. Min, L. Wynter, Real-time road traffic prediction with spatiotemporal correlations, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies 19 (4) (2011) 606–616.
- S. V. Kumar, L. Vanajakshi, Short-term traffic flow prediction using seasonal arima model with limited input data, European Transport Research Review 7 (3) (2015) 21.
- P. Cai, Y. Wang, G. Lu, P. Chen, C. Ding, J. Sun, A spatiotemporal correlative k-nearest neighbor model for short-term traffic multistep forecasting, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies 62 (2016) 21–34.
- B. Yu, X. Song, F. Guan, Z. Yang, B. Yao, k-nearest neighbor model for multiple-time-step prediction of short-term traffic condition, Journal of Transportation Engineering 142 (6) (2016) 04016018.
- X. Ma, Z. Dai, Z. He, J. Ma, Y. Wang, Y. Wang, Learning traffic as images: a deep convolutional neural network for large-scale transportation network speed prediction, Sensors 17 (4) (2017) 818.
- J. Zhang, Y. Zheng, D. Qi, R. Li, X. Yi, Dnn-based prediction model for spatio-temporal data, in: Proceedings of the 24th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems, ACM, 2016, p. 92.
- Y. Li, R. Yu, C. Shahabi, Y. Liu, Graph convolutional recurrent neural network: Data-driven traffic forecasting, arXiv preprint https://arxiv.org/abs/1707.01926.
- B. Singh, A. Gupta, Recent trends in intelligent transportation systems: a review, Journal of Transport Literature 9 (2) (2015) 30–34.
- Y. Yue, Traffic sensors, International Encyclopedia of Geography: People, the Earth, Environment and Technology: People, the Earth, Environment and Technology (2016) 1–7.
- R. Fu, Z. Zhang, L. Li, Using lstm and gru neural network methods for traffic flow prediction, in: Chinese Association of Automation (YAC), Youth Academic Annual Conference of, IEEE, 2016, pp. 324–328.
- D. Xia, B. Wang, H. Li, Y. Li, Z. Zhang, A distributed spatial–temporal weighted model on mapreduce for short-term traffic flow forecasting, Neurocomputing 179 (2016) 246–263.
- Y. Tian, L. Pan, Predicting short-term traffic flow by long short-term memory recurrent neural network, in: Smart City/SocialCom/Sustain-Com (SmartCity), 2015 IEEE International Conference on, IEEE, 2015, pp. 153–158.
- M. Müller, Dynamic time warping, Information retrieval for music and motion (2007) 69–84.
- J. Q. Shi, L. Cheng, Simulation and analysis of highway traffic accident based on vissim, in: Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 253, Trans Tech Publ, 2013, pp. 1682–1685.