Citation: Proceedings of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 15, pages 979–983 (2018)
Abstract. The article presents the results of research conducted in an international enterprise responsible for IT project implementation. The carried out analysis of the case study with the use of surveys and data synthesis allowed the major factors causing problems connected with project management to be identified. The identified factors were aggregated and then, by using four key variables, a rhomboidal model adaptation was proposed to facilitate the choice of the best method of project management. The proposed solution may aid Project Managers choosing the most appropriate method of project management as well as measuring and monitoring risk indicators.
- Abrahamsson, P., Salo, O., Ronkainen, J., & Warsta, J. (2017). Agile software development methods: Review and analysis. arXiv preprint https://arxiv.org/abs/1709.08439.
- Kerzner, Harold, and Harold R. Kerzner. Project management: a systems approach to planning, scheduling, and controlling. John Wiley & Sons, 2017.
- Kuchta, D., Skowron D. (2014). Model romboidalny w zarządzaniu projektami badawczo-rozwojowymi. Zeszyty Naukowe/Wyższa Szkoła Oficerska Wojsk Lądowych im. gen. T. Kościuszki, (1), 201-220.
- Kaczorowska, A. (2015). Traditional and agile project management in public sector and ICT. In Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS), 2015 Federated Conference on (pp. 1521-1531). IEEE.
- Lechler, T. G., Edington, B. H., & Gao, T. (2012). Challenging classic project management: Turning project uncertainties into business opportunities. Project Management Journal, 43(6), 59-69.
- Redlarski K., The impact of end-user participation in IT projects on product usability, ACM, 2013.
- Redlarski, K., & Weichbroth, P. (2016). Hard lessons learned: delivering usability in IT projects. In Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS), 2016 Federated Conference on (pp. 1379-1382). IEEE.
- Wells, H., Dalcher, D., & Smyth, H. (2015). The adoption of agile management practices in a traditional project environment: An IT/IS Case Study. In System Sciences (HICSS), 2015 48th Hawaii International Conference on (pp. 4446-4453). IEEE.