Citation: Proceedings of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 15, pages 659–663 (2018)
Abstract. We analyze performance of slotted ALOHA systems with energy harvesting nodes and retry limit. We assume that the capacities of data and energy buffer at a node are one packet and $E$ packets, respectively, and that one data packet transmission consumes one energy packet. The data and the energy packet arrival processes are modeled by independent and identically distributed Bernoulli processes. Under these assumptions, we develop a node-centric two-dimensional discrete time Markov chain model. According to the concept of the equilibrium point analysis, the fixed point equation with respect to the ratio of nodes transmitting a data packet is derived. The accuracy of numerical results derived from the fixed point equation is verified by computer simulation. The numerical results indicate that throughput, the offered traffic and the discard probability roughly depend on the minimum of the data packet generation probability and the energy packet generation probability.
- H. H. R. Sherazi, L. A. Grieco and G. Boggia, “A comprehensive review on energy harvesting MAC protocols in WSNs: Challenges and tradeoffs,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 71, pp. 117–134, Mar. 2018. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.adhoc.2018.01.004.
- M. Moradian and F. Ashtiani, “Throughput analysis of a slotted Aloha-based network with energy harvesting nodes,” in Proc. IEEE PIMRC 2012, Sydney, Australia, pp. 351–356, Sep. 2012. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/PIMRC.2012.6362809.
- S. Foss, D. Kim and A. Turlikov, “Model with common energy harvesting for the random multiple access system,” in Proc. REDUNDANCY 2014, St. Petersburg, Russia, pp. 39–42, June 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/RED.2014.7016701.
- Y. H. Bae, “Modeling timely-delivery ration of slotted Aloha with energy harvesting,” IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 1823–1826, Aug. 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2017.2693998.
- K. Sakakibara, H. Muta and Y. Yuba, “The effect of limiting the number of retransmission trials on the stability of slotted ALOHA systems,” IEEE Trans. Veh. Tech., vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 1449–1453, July 2000. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/25.875281.
- S. Tasaka, “Stability and performance of the R-ALOHA packet broadcast system,” IEEE Trans. Comput., vol. C-32, no. 8, pp. 717–726, 1983. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TC.1983.1676309.
- M. E. Woodward, Communication and Computer Networks, IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Angeles, CA, 1994.
- G. Bianchi, “"Performance analysis of the IEEE 802.11 distributed coordination function,” IEEE J. Select. Areas Commun., vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 535–547, 2000. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/49.840210.