Citation: Proceedings of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 15, pages 747–750 (2018)
Abstract. In this paper, specific practices are proposed for better managing CPS projects, called CPS-PMBOK approach. CPS-PMBOK is based on the Project Management Institute's PMBOK body of knowledge. It is focused on the integration, scope, human resource and stakeholder knowledge areas; which were chosen considering a systematic literature review conducted to identify the main CPS challenges.
- R. R. Rajkumar, I. Lee, L. Sha, and J. Stankovic, “Cyber-physical systems: The next computing revolution,” in 47th Des. Aut. Conf., 2010, pp. 731–736.
- L. Sha, S. Gopalakrishnan, X. Liu, and Q. Wang, Cyber-physical systems: A new frontier. Springer, 2009, pp. 3–13.
- E. A. Lee and S. A. Seshia, Introduction to Embedded Systems: A cyber-physical Systems Approach, 2nd ed. Lee & Seshia, 2017.
- R. Baheti and H. Gill, “Cyber-physical systems,” The Impact of Control Technology, vol. 12, pp. 161–166, 2011.
- A. Lester, Project Management, Planning and Control: Managing Engineering, Construction and Manufacturing Projects to PMI, APM and BSI Standards, 6th ed. Butterworth-Heinemann, 2014.
- PMI, Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge. Project Management Institute, 2013.
- Y. Shen, M. M. Tuuli, B. Xia, T. Y. Koh, and S. Rowlinson, “Toward a model for forming psychological safety climate in construction project management,” Int. J. of Proj. Manag., vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 223–235, 2015.
- S. R. Pandi-Perumal, S. Akhter, F. Zizi, G. Jean-Louis, C. Ramasubramanian, R. E. Freeman, and M. Narasimhan, “Project stakeholder management in the clinical research environment: How to do it right,” Frontiers in Psychiatry, vol. 6, pp. 71.1–71.18, 2015.
- S. Deshpande, S. Beecham, and I. Richardson, “Using the PMBOK guide to frame GSD coordination strategies,” in 8th Int. Conf. on Global Software Engineering. IEEE, 2013, pp. 188–196.
- R. Golini and P. Landoni, “International development projects by non-governmental organizations: An evaluation of the need for specific project management and appraisal tools,” Impact Assessment and Project Appraisal, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 121–135, 2014.
- P. J. A. Reusch, “Extending project management processes,” in 8th Int. Conf. on Intelligent Data Acquisition and Advanced Computing Systems: Technology and Applications, vol. 2. IEEE, 2015, pp. 511–514.
- B. Greene, “Agile methods applied to embedded firmware development,” in Agile Development Conf. IEEE, 2004, pp. 71–77.
- D. Jun, L. Rui, and H. Yi-min, “Software processes improvement and specifications for embedded systems,” in 5th ACIS Int. Conf. on Software Engin. Research, Management & Applications. IEEE, 2007, pp. 13–18.
- R. Madachy, B. Boehm, and J. A. Lane, “Assessing hybrid incremental processes for SISOS development,” Software Process: Improvement and Practice, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 461–473, 2007.
- R. J. Madachy, “Cost modeling of distributed team processes for global development and software-intensive systems of systems,” Software Process: Improvement and Practice, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 51–61, 2008.
- C. M. B. d. Silva, D. S. Loubach, and A. M. d. Cunha, “An estimation model to measure computer systems development based on hardware and software,” in 28th Dig. Avi. Sys. Conf., 2009, pp. 6C2.1–6C2.12.
- A. Shatil, O. Hazzan, and Y. Dubinsky, “Agility in a large-scale system engineering project: A case-study of an advanced communication system project,” in Int. Conf. on Soft. Sci., Tech. and Eng., 2010, pp. 47–54.
- C. Berger and B. Rumpe, “Supporting agile change management by scenario-based regression simulation,” IEEE Trans. on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 504–509, 2010.
- J. R. B. Garay and S. T. Kofuji, “Architecture for sensor networks in cyber-physical system,” in Latin-Amer. Conf. on Comm., 2010, pp. 1–6.
- D. Savio, P. C. Anitha, and P. P. Iyer, “Considerations for a requirements engineering process model for the development of systems of systems,” in 1st Works. on Requirements Engineering for Systems, Services and Systems-of-Systems. IEEE, 2011, pp. 74–76.
- G. Rong, D. Shao, H. Zhang, and J. Li, “Goal-driven development method for managing embedded system projects: An industrial experience report,” in Int. Symp. on Empirical Software Engineering and Measurement. IEEE, 2011, pp. 414–423.
- R. Helps and F. N. Mensah, “Comprehensive design of cyber physical systems,” in 13th Ann. Conf. on Inf. Tech. Educ., 2012, pp. 233–238.
- P. M. Huang, A. G. Darrin, and A. Knuth, “Agile hardware and software system engineering for innovation,” in Aeros. Conf., 2012, pp. 1–10.
- B. Penzenstadler and J. Eckhardt, “A requirements engineering content model for cyber-physical systems,” in 2nd Works. on Requir. Engineering for Systems, Services and Systems-of-Systems. IEEE, 2012, pp. 20–29.
- C. C. Insaurralde and Y. R. Petillot, “Cyber-physical framework for early integration of autonomous maritime capabilities,” in Int. Systems Conf. IEEE, 2013, pp. 559–566.
- J. Zhu and A. Mostafavi, “Towards a new paradigm for management of complex engineering projects: A system-of-systems framework,” in 8th Annual IEEE Systems Conf. IEEE, 2014, pp. 213–219.
- A. V. Parkhomenko and O. N. Gladkova, “Virtual tools and collaborative working environment in embedded system design,” in 11th Int. Conf. on Remote Engineering and Virtual Instrument. IEEE, 2014, pp. 90–93.
- T. Yue and S. Ali, “Applying search algorithms for optimizing stakeholders familiarity and balancing workload in requirements assignment,” in Conf. on Genetic and Evolut. Comput. ACM, 2014, pp. 1295–1302.
- G. Sapienza, I. Crnkovic, and P. Potena, “Architectural decisions for hw/sw partitioning based on multiple extra-functional properties,” in IEEE/IFIP Conf. on Software Architecture. IEEE, 2014, pp. 175–184.
- M. Faschang, F. Kupzog, E. Widl, S. Rohjans, and S. Lehnhoff, “Requirements for real-time hardware integration into cyber-physical energy system simulation,” in Works. on Modeling and Simulation of Cyber-Physical Energy Systems. IEEE, 2015, pp. 1–6.
- Z. Lattmann, J. Klingler, P. Meijer, J. Scott, S. Neema, T. Bapty, and G. Karsai, “Towards an analysis-driven rapid design process for cyber-physical systems,” in Int. Symp. on Rapid Sys. Prot., 2015, pp. 90–96.
- Y. M. Chen and C.-W. Wei, “Multiagent approach to solve project team work allocation problems,” Int. J. of Production Research, vol. 47, no. 13, pp. 3453–3470, 2009.
- C. Wolff, I. Gorrochategui, and M. Bücker, “Managing large hw/sw codesign projects,” in 6th Int. Conf. on Intelligent Data Acquisition and Advanced Computing Systems, vol. 2. IEEE, 2011, pp. 919–922.
- M. P. Singh, “Norms as a basis for governing sociotechnical systems,” ACM Trans. on Intel. Systems and Technology, vol. 5, no. 1, p. 21, 2013.
- E. A. Lee, “Cyber physical systems: Design challenges,” in 11th Int. Symp. on Obj. Orie. Real-Time Dist. Comp. IEEE, 2008, pp. 363–369.