Citation: Proceedings of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 15, pages 939–948 (2018)
Abstract. Model Driven Architecture (MDA) and Agile Methods (AM) are two principal domains that are in the way of improvement and evolution in order to facilitate the development of IT projects. However, these areas evolve separately despite the great number of research that focuses on improving project' development techniques. Thus, our proposal aims to provide a method describing how can Agile Methodologies benefits from MDA, and how MDA can automate activities within AM. In this paper, we present a state of the art of existing works that combine a Model Driven Architecture approach and Agile Methodologies. Then we present our analysis of this combination to identify with which Agile methods, the MDA approach is more adequate. We also propose our vision about how to combine MDA with the selected Agile Methodologies and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of each methodology during its combination with MDA and finally we present a case study of Rental Car Agency.
- J. Miller and J. Mukerji, “Mda guide version 1.0.1.” 2003.
- R.Soley, “Model driven architecture (mda),” in http://www.omg.org/cgibin/doc?omg/00-11-05,, 2000.
- K.Beck and al., “Agile manifesto,” 2001–2015.
- T.Dyba and T.Dingsoyr, “What do we know about agile software development?” vol. 46, no. 5. Software, IEEE, 2009, pp. 6–9.
- J. P. Vickoff, “Agile why not?” in www.entreprise-agile.com, 2001.
- a. H. B. S. Hansson, Y. Zaho, “How mad are we? empirical evidence for model-driven agile development,” in Proceedings of XM 2014, 3rd Extreme Modeling Workshop. CEUR, 2014.
- P. Cáceres, F. Díaz, and E. Marcos, “Integrating an agile process in a model driven architecture,” in INFORMATIK 2004 - Informatik verbindet, Band 1, Beiträge der 34. Jahrestagung der Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI), Ulm, 20.-24. September 2004, 2004, pp. 265–270.
- M. B. Nakićenović, “An agile driven architecture modernization to a model-driven development solution,” International Journal on Advances in Software, vol. 5, no. 3,4, 2012.
- F. P. Basso, R. M. Pillat, F. Roos-Frantz, and R. Z. Frantz, “Combining mde and scrum on the rapid prototyping of web information systems,” Int. J. Web Engineering and Technology, vol. 10, no. 3, 2015.
- V. Kulkarni, S. Barat, and U. Ramteerthkar, “Early experience with agile methodology in a model-driven approach,” in Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems, 14th International Conference, MODELS 2011, Wellington, New Zealand, October 16-21, 2011. Proceedings, 2011, pp. 578–590.
- H. Alfraihi, “Towards improving agility in model-driven development,” in Joint Proceedings of the Doctoral Symposium and Projects Showcase Held as Part of STAF 2016 co-located with Software Technologies: Applications and Foundations (STAF 2016), Vienna, Austria, July 4-7, 2016., 2016, pp. 2–10.
- H. Wegener, “Agility in model-driven software development? implications for organization, process, and architecture,” in OOPSLA 2002 Workshop on Generative Techniques in the Context of Model Driven Architecture,, 2002.
- V. Mahe, B. Combemale, and J. Cadavid, “Crossing model driven engineering and agility — preliminary thoughts on benefits and challenges„” 2010.
- K. Beck and C. Andres, Extreme Programming Explained: Embrace Change (2Nd Edition). Addison-Wesley Professional, 2004.
- V. Jacobson, G. Booch, , and J. Rumbaugh, “Unified software development process.” Addison-Wesley, 1992.
- P. Kurchten, “Rational unified process — an introduction.” AddisonWesley, 1999.
- I. Essebaa and S. Chantit, “Tool support to automate transformations from sbvr to uml use case diagram,” in Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Evaluation of Novel Approaches to Software Engineering - Volume 1: MDI4SE,, INSTICC. SciTePress, 2018, pp. 525–532.
- I. Essebaa and S. Chantit, “Tool support to automate transformations between cim and pim levels,” in Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Evaluation of Novel Approaches to Software Engineering - Volume 1: MDI4SE,, INSTICC. SciTePress, 2017, pp. 367–378.
- I. Essebaa and S. Chantit, “A combination of v development life cycle and model-based testing to deal with software system evolution issues,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Model-Driven Engineering and Software Development - Volume 1: MODELSWARD,, INSTICC. SciTePress, 2018, pp. 528–535.