Citation: Proceedings of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 15, pages 577–583 (2018)
Abstract. In this paper one of the most accurate adaptive neuro-fuzzy modelling approach is investigated. It is suitable for modelling the nonlinear dynamics of any process or control systems. Basically, this new modelling approach is an improvement of a linear ARX polynomials models based on the least square errors estimation method that is preferred for its simplicity and faster implementation, since it uses typical functions from MATLAB system identification toolbox. For simulation purpose, to prove its effectiveness in terms of modeling accuracy, an appropriate case study of a centrifugal chiller is considered. The reason for this selection is given by the fact that the centrifugal chiller control system is one of the most seen in a large variety of applications in HVAC control systems. Since its dynamic model is of high complexity in terms of dimension and encountered nonlinearities, a tight control in closed-loop requires a suitable modelling approach.
- J. M. Zurada, Introduction to artificial neural networks, 1st ed. Ed. St. Paul, USA, MN: West Publishing company, 1992, ISBN 0-3 14- 93391 -3.
- [Internet]. Wikipedia. Available online on the website: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_neural_network, accessed at May 2nd 2018.
- M. Zaheeruddin, N. Tudoroiu, “Neuro - PID tracking control of a discharge air temperature system”, Elsevier, Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 45, pp.2405–2415, 2004, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2003.11.016.
- B. Bouchon-Meunier, M. Detyniecki, M-J. Lesot, C. Marsala, M. Rifqi, “Real-World Fuzzy Logic Applications in Data Mining and Information Retrieval”. Available on website at: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/b86c/2c39d3457bd439b2e280eff8134768fcbe90.pdf, accessed at May 2nd 2018.
- S.M. Radu, E-R Tudoroiu, W. Kecs, N. Ilias, N. Tudoroiu, “Real Time Implementation of an Improved Hybrid Fuzzy Sliding Mode Observer Estimator”, Advances in Science, Technology and Engineering Systems Journal, vol. 2, no. 1, January 2017, pp. 214-226, ISSN: 2415-6698, http://dx.doi.org/10.25046/aj020126, www.astesj.com.
- Fuzzy Logic Tutorial, available online on the web site: http://www.massey.ac.nz/~nhreyes/MASSEY/159741/Lectures/Lec2012-3159741-FuzzyLogic-v.2.pdf.
- N. Tudoroiu, M. Zaheeruddin, S. Li, E-R. Tudoroiu, “Design and Implementation of Closed-loop PI Control Strategies in Real-time MATLAB Simulation Environment for Nonlinear and Linear ARMAX Models of HVAC Centrifugal Chiller Control Systems”, Advances in Science, Technology and Engineering Systems Journal, vol. 3, no. 2, April 2018, pp.283-308, ISSN: 2415-6698, http://dx.doi.org/10.25046/aj030233,www.astesj.com.
- S. Bendapudi, J. E. Braun, et al., “Dynamic Model of a Centrifugal Chiller System - Model Development, Numerical Study, and Validation”, ASHRAE Trans., vol. 111, pp.132-148, 2005.
- A. Beyene, H. Guven, et al., (1994),” Conventional Chiller Performances Simulation and Field Data”, International Journal of Energy Research, vol.18, pp.391-399, 1994.
- J. E. Braun, J. W. Mitchell, et al., “Models for Variable-Speed Centrifugal Chillers”, ASHRAE Trans. , New York, NY, USA, 1987.
- M. W. Browne, P. K. Bansal, “Steady-State Model of Centrifugal Liquid Chillers", International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 21, no.5, pp. 343-358, 1998.
- J.M. Gordon, K. C. Ng, H.T. Chua, "Centrifugal chillers: thermodynamic modeling and a diagnostic case study", International Journal of Refrigeration, vol.18, no. 4, pp.253-257, 1995.
- Li Pengfei, Li Yaoyu, J. E. Seem, “Modelica Based Dynamic Modeling of Water-Cooled Centrifugal Chillers”, International Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Conference, Purdue University, pp.1-8, 2010. http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/iracc/1091.
- P. Popovic, H. N. Shapiro, “Modeling Study of a Centrifugal Compressor”, ASHRAE Trans., Toronto, 1998.
- M. C. Svensson, “Non-Steady-State Modeling of a Water-to-Water Heat Pump Unit”, in Proceedings of 20th International Congress of Refrigeration, Sydney, 1999.
- H. Wang, S. Wang, “A Mechanistic Model of a Centrifugal Chiller to Study HVAC Dynamics”, in Building Services Engineering Research and Technology, vol. 21, no.2, pp. 73-83, 2000.
- M. Gholamrezaei and K. Ghorbanian, “Application of integrated fuzzy logic and neural networks to the performance prediction of axial compressors”, J Power and Energy, vol. 229(8), pp. 928–947, 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0957650915596877.
- Q. Zhou, S. Wang, F. Xiao, “A Novel Strategy for the Fault Detection and Diagnosis of Centrifugal Chiller Systems”, HVAC&R RESEARCH Journal, vol. 15(1), pp.57-75, 2009.
- D. J. Swider, M.W. Browne, P. Bansal, V. Kecman, “Modelling of vapour-compression liquid chillers with neural networks”, Applied Thermal Engineering Journal, vol. 21(3), pp. 311-329, 2001, DOI: 10.1016/S1359-4311(00)00036-3.
- Elnazeer Ali Hamid Abdalla, Perumal Nallagownden, Nursyarizal Bin Mohd Nor, Mohd Fakhizan Romlie, Sabo Miya Hassan, “An Application of a Novel Technique for Assessing the Operating Performance of Existing Cooling Systems on a University Campus”, Energies Journal, vol.11(4), 719, 2018; http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/en11040719.
- [Internet]. Available online on website: https://www.mathworks.com/help/ident/ref/armax.html, MATLAB R2017b Documentation. Accessed at February 3rd, 2018.
- [Internet].”ANFIS Model Identification”, available online on website: https://www.mathworks.com/help/fuzzy/examples/nonlinear-system-identification.html#d119e1365. Accessed at March 25th, 2018.
- R-E Tudoroiu, W. Kecs, M. Dobritoiu, N. Ilias, S-V Casavela, N.Tudoroiu,” Real-Time Implementation of DC Servomotor Actuator with Unknown Uncertainty using a Sliding Mode Observer”, ACSIS, vol.8, pp.841-848, http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2016F95, Poland, 2016.