Citation: Proceedings of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 15, pages 189–192 (2018)
Abstract. We summarize AAIA'18 Data Mining Competition organized at the Knowledge Pit platform. We explain the competition's scope and outline its results. We also review several approaches to the problem of representing Hearthstone decks in a vector space. We divide such approaches into categories based on a type of the data about individual cards that they use. Finally, we outline experiments aiming to evaluate usefulness of various deck representations for the task of win-rates prediction.
- A. Janusz, T. Tajmajer, and M. Świechowski, “Helping AI to Play Hearthstone: AAIA’17 Data Mining Challenge,” in Proceedings of FedCSIS 2017, 2017, pp. 121–125.
- A. R. da Silva and L. F. W. Goes, “HearthBot: An Autonomous Agent based on Fuzzy ART Adaptive Neural Networks for the Digital Collectible Card Game Hearthstone,” IEEE Transactions on Computational Intelligence and AI in Games, pp. 170–181, 2017.
- S. Zhang and M. Buro, “Improving Hearthstone AI by Learning High-level Rollout Policies and Bucketing Chance Node Events,” in Proceedings of IEEE CIG 2017, 2017, pp. 309–316.
- P. García-Sánchez, A. Tonda, G. Squillero, A. Mora, and J. J. Merelo, “Evolutionary Deckbuilding in Hearthstone,” in Proceedings of IEEE CIG 2016, 2016, pp. 1–8.
- A. Stiegler, C. Messerschmidt, J. Maucher, and K. Dahal, “Hearthstone Deck-construction with a Utility System,” in Proceedings of SKIMA 2016, 2016, pp. 21–28.
- M. Świechowski, T. Tajmajer, and A. Janusz, “Improving Hearthstone AI by Combining MCTS and Supervised Learning Algorithms,” in Proceedings of IEEE CIG 2018, 2018, In print.
- A. Janusz and D. Ślęzak, “Investigating Similarity between Hearthstone Cards: Text Embeddings and Interchangeability Approaches,” in Proceedings of IEEE SMC 2018, 2018, In print.
- A. Janusz, D. Ślęzak, S. Stawicki, and M. Rosiak, “Knowledge Pit – A Data Challenge Platform,” in Proceedings of CS&P 2015, 2015, pp. 191–195.
- T. Mikolov, I. Sutskever, K. Chen, G. Corrado, and J. Dean, “Distributed Representations of Words and Phrases and Their Compositionality,” in Proceedings of NIPS 2013, 2013, pp. 3111–3119.
- G. Hinton and S. Roweis, “Stochastic Neighbor Embedding,” Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, vol. 15, pp. 833–840, 2003.
- C. E. Rasmussen and C. K. I. Williams, Gaussian Processes for Machine Learning. MIT Press, 2006.
- A. J. Smola and B. Schölkopf, “A Tutorial on Support Vector Regression,” Statistics and Computing, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 199–222, 2004.