Citation: Proceedings of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 15, pages 691–695 (2018)
Abstract. The aim of this article is to execute a comparative analysis of services and distribution platforms used to purchase computer games. The article is a continuation of research focused on the popularity, use and impact of games on the behavior of a prominent population and analysis of the typical e-shops with games. For the analysis it was chosen the four most common amongst students computer game services and platforms simultaneously found in the first hundreds of searches in Google. CAWI analyzes were used for nine groups of features: transparency, site navigation, quality of information, product search quality, advertising, the quality of the order processing, way of visualization and product promotion from the customer's perspective. Platform analysis was carried out according to: installation package support, application design, search engine quality, transparency, product presentation and security. A qualitative study was conducted to select a sample of selected students using the point method and the point method with preferences to evaluate the distinctive features of the services. A group of over seven hundred randomly selected people from the university was examined. This approach was based on the structure of the article consisting of the presentation of the research hypothesis, the description of the methodology and the research sample, and the analysis of the results and their discussion together with the resulting conclusions. The results of the work may be used by the owners of computer distribution services or platforms and website designers.
- GamesIndustry.biz. (2017) "GamesIndustry.biz presents... The Year In Numbers 2017", https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-12-20-gamesindustry-biz-presents-the-year-in-numbers-2017,
- SuperData Research. (2018) "Market Brief — 2017 Digital Games & Interactive Media Year in Review", https://www.superdataresearch.com/market-data/market-brief-year-in-review/
- Lifewire. (2017) "Top PC Game Digital Download Services", https://www.lifewire.com/top-pc-game-digital-download-services-813065
- Polygon. (2014) "In the long run, do Steam sales harm gamers?", https://www.polygon.com/2014/1/15/5313142/in-the-long-run-do-steam-sales-harm-gamers
- Buonocore, Cathryn E. (2016) "Comparative Life Cycle Impact Assessment of Digital and Physical Distribution of Video Games in the United States", http://nrs.harvard.edu/urn-3:HUL.InstRepos:33797406
- Chmielarz W., Szumski O.: Analysis of users of computer games, Volume 8, Proceedings of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, September 11-14, 2016, Gdańsk, Poland eds. M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki, PTI Warsaw, IEEE New York City, str. 1139-1146, ISSN 2300-5963,
- Chmielarz W., Szumski O.: Analysis of Predispositions of E-gamers and Its Relevance in the Use of Computer Games Didactic Process, in: Information Technology in Management, New Ideas and Real Solutions, 11-th Conference of ISM and 14-th Conference of AITM part of FedCSIS, 2016, Editor: E. Ziemba, Book, Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, Gdańsk, Poland, ISBN 978-3-319-53075-8,, vol. 277, 2017, pp. 77-102,
- Ziemba E. (red.), Towards a Sustainable Information Society. People, Business and Public Administration Perspectives, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Newcastle upon Tyne, 2016.
- Nielsen J., Projektowanie funkcjonalnych serwisów internetowych, Helion, Gliwice, 2003.
- Nielsen J., Mobile Website and Application Usability, Nielsen Norman Group Press 2013.
- Buonocore, C. E.: Comparative Life Cycle Impact Assessment of Digital and Physical Distribution of Video Games in the United States. Master's thesis, Harvard Extension School, 2016, https://dash.harvard.edu/handle/1/33797406?show=full
- Likert R., A Technique for the Measurement of Attitudes, [in:] Archives of Psychology, Nr 140, 1932, str. 1–55.
- Chmielarz W., Szumski O., Zborowski M., Kompleksowe metody ewaluacji witryn internetowych, Wydawnictwo Wydziału Zarządzania UW, Warszawa, 2011.
- USgamer. (2017) "Valve Removes Nearly 200 "Fake" Games from Steam", https://www.usgamer.net/articles/valve-removes-nearly-200-fake-games-from-steam
- Chmielarz W., Determinanty rozwoju serwisów dystrybucji treści komercyjnych w Polsce, [in:] Problemy Zarządzania, Wydawnictwo Naukowe Wydziału Zarządzania UW, Problemy wykorzystania systemów informatycznych zarządzania w gospodarce, vol. 13, nr 2 (52), t.1., 2015, str. 51-65, ISSN 1644-9584.