Citation: Communication Papers of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 17, pages 197–204 (2018)
Abstract. This paper is devoted to the analysis of open data quality of the company registers in four different countries. The data quality evaluation was obtained using a methodology that involves the creation of three-part data quality model: (1) the definition of a data object to analyse its quality, (2) data object quality specification using DSL, (3) the implementation of an executable data quality model enabling the scanning of a data object and detecting its deficiencies. All three components of the data quality model are designed as graphical language families, which allow formulating data quality specification for non-IT professionals. Validation of an open data published by company registers in four different European countries shows deficiencies in the published data and demonstrates the applicability of the proposed methodology for data quality evaluation.
- K. R. Popper, The Open Society and its Enemies, ( 1966), 5th ed.
- G.Arnicans, J.Bicevskis, G.Karnitis, E.Karnitis: The mega-system: integration of national information systems : conceptual and methodological baselines . // Latvian Academic Library grey literature database. [Rīga], 2001
- Redman, T.C.: Data Quality. The Field Guide, Digital Press, p. 74 (2001)
- ISO 9001:2015: Quality management principles.
- Bicevska, Z., Bicevskis, J., Oditis, I. Models of Data Quality. 12th Conference, ISM 2017, Held as Part of FedCSIS, Prague, Czech Republic, September 3-6, 2017, Extended Selected Papers. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, volume 311, pages 194-211 (2018)
- Carlo Batini, Cinzia Cappiello, Chiara Francalanci, Andrea Maurino. Methodologies for data quality assessment and improvement. ACM computing surveys (CSUR) 41 (3), 16, 2009.
- Freddie Bray, D. Max Parkin. Evaluation of data quality in the cancer registry: Principles and methods. Part I: Comparability, validity and timeliness European journal of cancer. March 2009Volume 45, Issue 5, Pages 747–755.
- Carlo Batini, Monica Scannapieco. Methodologies for Information Quality Assessment and Improvement. Data and Information Quality Dimensions, Principles and Techniques. Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016.
- Data Quality Evaluation Methods. International SEMATECH Manufacturing Initiative. Technology Transfer #08074943A-ENG, 2008.
- Steven Van den Berghe, Kyle Van Gaeveren. Data quality assessment and improvement: a Vrije Universiteit Brussel case study. 13th International Conference on Current Research Information Systems, CRIS2016, 9-11 June. 2016, Scotland, UK.
- Batini Carlo, Barone Daniele, Cabitza Federico, and Grega Simone. A data quality methodology for heterogeneous data. International Journal of Database Management Systems (IJDMS), Vol.3, No.1, February 2011.
- Lewoniewski W. (2017) Enrichment of Information in Multilingual Wikipedia Based on Quality Analysis. In: Abramowicz W. (eds) Business Information Systems Workshops. BIS 2017. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, vol 303. Springer, Cham.
- Company Register of Latvia.http://dati.ur.gov.lv/register
- Company Register of Estonia. https://opendata.riik.ee/en/dataset/http-avaandmed-rik-ee-andmed-ariregister
- Company Register of Norway. http://data.brreg.no/oppslag/enhetsregisteret/enheter.xhtml
- Company House https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/companies-house
- J.Ceriņa - Bērziņa, J.Bičevskis, Ģ.Karnītis: Information systems development based on visual Domain Specific Language BiLingva, In: 4th IFIP TC2 Central and East European Conference on Software Engineering Techniques (CEE-SET), Krakow, Poland (2009).
- J.Bicevskis, Z.Bicevska: Business Process Models and Information System Usability, Procedia Computer Science 77, pp. 72 – 79 (2015)
- Bicevska, Z, Bicevskis, J, Karnitis, G.: Models of event driven systems. Communications in Computer and Information Science Volume 615, pp 83-98, (2016)