Citation: Proceedings of the 2019 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 18, pages 645–649 (2019)
Abstract. Business Process Management (BPM) is an accepted discipline and its importance in increasing automation inside industrial environment is today recognized by all players. The complexity of modern management process will lead to chaos without a well-designed and effective BPM. Today, several tools exist, both commercial and open-source, but the selection of the appropriate tool for each organization could be a hard work. Several BPM Suites were compared and BPM approach was applied to the case study of process management in a renewable energy power plant. Results both in process reduction and simplification and flow optimization obtained in the real case are discussed to state efficacy and efficiency of the adopted approach.
- The Institute of Asset Management, “IAM asset management maturity guide v1.1,” The Institute of Asset Management, Tech. Rep., Jun 2016. [Online]. Available: http://www.theiam.org/
- N. Trapani, M. Macchi, and L. Fumagalli, “Risk driven engineering of prognostics and health management systems in manufacturing,” IFAC-PapersOnLine, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 995 – 1000, 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2015.06.213.
- J. Montilva, J. Barrios, I. Besembel, and W. Montilva, “A business process model for it management based on enterprise architecture.” CLEIej online vol.17, n.2, pp. 4–4, 08 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.19153/cleiej.17.2.3.
- W. M. van der Aalst, M. La Rosa, and F. M. Santoro, “Business process management. don’t forget to improve the process!” Business & Information Systems Engineering 58(1), pp. 1–6, 01 2016, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12599-015-0409-x.
- T. Allweyer, BPMN 2.0: Introduction to the Standard for Business Process Modeling. Books on Demand, 2016. [Online]. Available: https://books.google.it/books?id=sowaDAAAQBAJ
- M. Jasiulewicz-Kaczmarek, R. Waszkowski, M. Piechowski, and R. Wyczolkowski, “Implementing BPMN in maintenance process modeling,” Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol. 656, pp. 303–309, 01 2018, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-67229-8_27.
- Gartner, “Magic quadrant for intelligent business process management suites,” Gartner, Tech. Rep., 2019, accessed 10 May 2019. [Online]. Available: https://www.gartner.com/en/documents/3899484
- I. Corporation, “Understanding the impact and value of enterprise asset management.” https://www.ibm.com/downloads/cas/XJRD7M1Z, c IBM Corporation, Tech. Rep., 2016, accessed 10 May 2019.
- Accenture, “The future of onshore wind operations and maintenance,” Accenture, Tech. Rep., 2017, accessed 10 May 2019. [Online]. Available: https://www.accenture.com/us-en/insight-future-onshore-wind-operations-maintenance
- M. Shafiee and J. D. Sørensen, “Maintenance optimization and inspection planning of wind energy assets: Models, methods and strategies.” Reliability Engineering and System Safety, pp. 1–19, 2017, doi: 10.1016/j.ress.2017.10.025.
- J. Wang, X. Zhao, and X. Guo, “Optimizing wind turbine’s maintenance policies under performance-based contract.” Renewable Energy, Volume 135, pp. 626–634, 05 2019, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2018.12.006.
- A. Ciaramella, M. G. Cimino, B. Lazzerini, and F. Marcelloni, “Using bpmn and tracing for rapid business process prototyping environments.” in ICEIS 2009 - 11th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, Proceedings, 01 2009, pp. 206–212, http://dx.doi.org/10.5220/0002005002060212.