Citation: Proceedings of the 2019 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 18, pages 911–914 (2019)
Abstract. Requirements of increased productivity and flexibility in manufacturing processes reflect the concept Industry 4.0. Essential to achieving these targets is the implementation of intelligent and robust distributed control systems focused on interoperability and scalability. New approaches and technologies based on the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), cloud computing and Big Data are an emerging field of industrial control that comprises Internet-enabled cyber-physical devices with the ability to link new smart technologies. With this perspective, manufacturing devices can be easily monitored, operated and controlled even from remote locations. Conventional industrial control approach, that use programmable logic controller (PLC), is enhanced with intelligent industrial gateway IoT 2040 as a hardware and Node-RED software environment in order to provide interoperability, robust and reliable control system. Collected process data and parameters from embedded sensors and other connected devices can be quickly collected, processed, transformed and used for device control from remote production environment. This paper deals with an industrial gateway framework adopting the idea of Internet of Things for the development of robust industrial control approach. The concept is tested in real industrial environment.
- S. M. Wollschlaeger, T. Sauter, a J. Jasperneite, “The Future of Industrial Communication: Automation Networks in the Era of the Internet of Things and Industry 4.0”, IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, roč. 11, č. 1, p. 17–27, mar. 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/MIE.2017.2649104
- I. Zolotová, M. Bundzel, and T. Lojka, “Industry IoT Gateway for Cloud Connectivity”, in Advances in Production Management Systems: Innovative Production Management Towards Sustainable Growth, 2015, s. 59–66. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-22759-7_7
- A. Astarloa, U. Bidarte, J. Jiménez, A. Zuloaga, and J. Lázaro, “Intelligent gateway for Industry 4.0-compliant production”, in IECON 2016 - 42nd Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, 2016, p. 4902–4907. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/IECON.2016.7793890
- A. Gavlas, J. Zwierzyna, a J. Koziorek, “Possibilities of transfer process data from PLC to Cloud platforms based on IoT”, IFAC- PapersOnLine, roč. 51, č. 6, s. 156–161, jan. 2018. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2018.07.146
- J. Skovranek, M. Pies, a R. Hajovsky, “Use of the IQRF and Node- RED technology for control and visualization in an IQMESH network”, IFAC-PapersOnLine, roč. 51, č. 6, s. 295–300, jan. 2018. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2018.07.169
- Toc a A. Korodi, “Modbus-OPC UA Wrapper Using Node-RED and IoT-2040 with Application in the Water Industry”, in 2018 IEEE 16th International Symposium on Intelligent Systems and Informatics (SISY), 2018, s. 000099–000104. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/SISY.2018.8524749
- M. Kostolani, J. Murin, S. Kozak, “Intelligent predictive maintenance control using augmented reality” in 22nd International Conference on Process Control, 2019, p. 131 – 135.