Citation: Proceedings of the 2019 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 18, pages 915–919 (2019)
Abstract. The main aim of proposed paper is the design of new software system for modelling and control of discrete-event and hybrid systems using Arduino and similar microcontrollers. In this article we propose a new tool. This new tool is based on Petri nets and it is called PN2ARDUINO. It offers a capability of communication with the microcontroller. Communication with the microcontroller is based on modified Firmata protocol so control algorithm can be implemented on all microcontrollers that support this type of protocol. The developed software tool was successfully verified for control of laboratory systems. It can also be used for education and also for research purposes as it offers a graphical way for designing control algorithm for hybrid and mainly discrete-event systems. Proposed tool can enrich education and practice in the field of cyber-physical systems (Industry 4.0).
- H. Matsuno, A. Doi, R. Drath, and S. Miyano, “Genomic object net: object oriented representation of biological systems,” Genome Informatics Series, pp. 229–230, 2000.
- M. A. Drighiciu and G. Manolea, “Application des reseaux de petri hybrides a l’etude des systemes de production a haute cadence,” 2010.
- P. J. Mostermany, M. Ottery, and H. Elmqvistz, “Modeling petri nets as local constraint equations for hybrid systems using modelica,” retrieved online at http://citeseer. ist. psu. edu/359408. html, 1998.
- S. Fabricius and E. Badreddin, “Modelica library for hybrid simulation of mass flow in process plants,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Modelica Conference’, Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany. Citeseer, 2002, pp. 225–234.
- S. Proß, B. Bachmann, and A. Stadtholz, “A petri net library for modeling hybrid systems in openmodelica,” in submitted (Modelica Conference 2009), 2009.
- S. Proß and B. Bachmann, “Pnlib-an advanced petri net library for hybrid process modeling,” in Modelica Conference, 2012.
- M. Riesz, M. Seckár, and G. Juhás, “Petriflow: A petri net based framework for modelling and control of workflow processes.” in ACSD/Petri Nets Workshops. Citeseer, 2010, pp. 191–205.
- A. Cesekova, “Control of laboratory discrete event systems (in slovak),” Master’s thesis, Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava, 2016.
- E. Kucera, “Modelling and control of hybrid systems using high-level petri nets (in slovak),” Ph.D. dissertation, Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava, 2016.
- H.-C. Steiner, “Firmata: Towards making microcontrollers act like extensions of the computer.” in NIME, 2009, pp. 125–130.
- M. Association. (2016) Summary of midi messages. [Online]. Available: https://www.midi.org/specifications/item/table-1-summary-of-midi-message