Citation: Proceedings of the 2019 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 18, pages 317–326 (2019)
Abstract. The paper demonstrates an application developed to help to evaluate ergonomics of a workplace. Ergonomics of a workplace has enormous impact on employees and their long-term work effectiveness, which causes an interest in this field from employers' point of view. The paper describes and compares several attitudes companies use to set up and evaluate workplace metrics, potential of virtual reality (VR) in the process, VR application proposal, implementation within Unity 3D engine and results achieved with implementation of this proposed solution. Current approaches also include motion tracking for ergonomics evaluation. These technologies are often far over smaller companies' budget. Described solution is reasonably priced also for small companies, using cheaper motion capture equipment.
- T. Lojka, P. Satala, J. Mocnej, and I. Zolotová, “Web technologies in industry hmi,” 09 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/INES.2015.7329647 pp. 103–106.
- J. Filanova, “Application of didactic principles in the use of videoconferencing in e-learning (in slovak),” in Innovation process in e-learning. EKONOM, March 2013. ISBN 978-80-225-3610-3 pp. 1–7.
- D. Consulting. (2014) What is ergonomics? [Online]. Available: https://www.ergonomics.com.au/what-is-ergonomics/
- J. Krišt’ak. (2017) Ergonomic workplace layout (in slovak). [Online]. Available: https://www.ipaslovakia.sk/sk/ipa-slovnik/ ergonomicke-usporiadanie-pracoviska
- S. Hashimura, H. Shimakawa, and Y. Kajiwara, “Automatic assessment of student understanding level using virtual reality,” in Proceedings of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, ser. Annals of Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, and M. Paprzycki, Eds., vol. 15. IEEE, 2018. http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2018F268 pp. 39–45. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2018F268
- A. Lešková, “Ergonomic aspects of workplace design (in slovak),” Transfer inovácií, vol. 7, 2004.
- M. Hovanec, “Progressive methods in workplace optimization (in slovak),” Transfer inovácií, vol. 25, 2013.
- J. Šesták and J. Čuchranová, “Design of ergonomic construction manufacturing systems for manual assembly (in slovak),” Transfer inovácií, vol. 25, 2013.
- K. Procházková, “Ergonomics in vehicles of Škoda auto (in czech),” 2014.
- K. Zhang, J. Suo, J. Chen, X. Liu, and L. Gao, “Design and implementation of fire safety education system on campus based on virtual reality technology,” in 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS). IEEE, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2017F376
- J. Majernik, M. Madar, and J. Mojzisova, “Integration of virtual patients in education of veterinary medicine,” in 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS). IEEE, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2017F134
- S. Paszkiel, “Control based on brain-computer interface technology for video-gaming with virtual reality techniques,” Journal of Automation, Mobile Robotics and Intelligent Systems, vol. 10, no. 04, pp. 3–7, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.14313/JAMRIS_4-2016/26
- H. Kim, N. Hong, M. Kim, S. Yoon, H. Yu, H.-J. Kong, S.-j. Kim, Y. J. Chai, H. Choi, J. Choi, K. E. Lee, S. Kim, and H. Kim, “Application of a perception neuron R system in simulation-based surgical training,” Journal of Clinical Medicine, vol. 8, p. 124, 01 2019. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/jcm8010124
- G. Developers. (2017) Designing screen interfaces for vr (google i/o ’17). [Online]. Available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES9jArHRFHQ
- T. Lintrami, Unity 2017 Game Development Essentials, 3rd ed. Packt Publishing, Jan. 2018.
- J. Linietsky and A. Manzur. (2018) 3d ray casting from screen. [Online]. Available: http://docs.godotengine.org/en/3.0/tutorials/physics/ray-casting.html