An Adaptation of IoT to Improve Parcel Delivery System
Ha Yoon Song, Hyo Chang Han
Citation: Proceedings of the 2019 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 18, pages 497–500 (2019)
Abstract. Recently, IoT technology has been applied in various field. Especially this IoT technology can also be applied to delivery system. Current delivery system is high costly but somewhat inefficient. A delivery must go through the logistics hub, even if it's not a minimum distance. In this paper, we propose an enhanced parcel delivery system based on IoT technology. Firstly, we designed a sort of IoT devices which can be attached parcels. This devices has various functionalities including the ability to figure out current delivery route. Secondly, we introduce some difficulties such as : (i) issues linking IoT device into its platform; (ii) issues for designing IoT devices functionalities. Thirdly, we propose ways to improve the efficiency of IoT based parcel delivery system. From these considerations, our system may improve total economics of parcel delivery system.
- S. Tomovic, K. Yoshigoe, I. Maljevic, and I. Radusinovic, “Software-defined fog network architecture for iot,” Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 92, no. 1, Jan 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11277-016-3845-0
- R. Barry, “Freertos,” https://www.freertos.org/, 2017.
- Google, “Tensorflow-lite,” https://www.tensorflow.org/lite/guide, 2018.
- Microsoft, “Azure iot suite,” https://azure.microsoft.com, 2018.
- SKTelecom, “Thingplug,” https://sandbox.sktiot.com/, 2018.
- L. Alliance, “Lorawan spec 1.0.2,” https://lora-alliance.org/resource-hub/lorawanr-specification-v102, 2016.
- A. Augustin, J. Yi, T. Clausen, and W. M. Townsley, “A study of lora: Long range and amp; low power networks for the internet of things,” Sensors, vol. 16, no. 9, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/s16091466
- T. M. W. 1.0, “A technical overview of lora R and lorawanTM,” https://www.everythingrf.com/whitepapers/details/2682-a-technical-overview-of-lora-and-lorawan, 2015.
- Sheng-Cheng Yeh, Wu-Hsiao Hsu, Ming-Yang Su, Ching-Hui Chen, and Ko-Hung Liu, “A study on outdoor positioning technology using gps and wifi networks,” in 2009 International Conference on Networking, Sensing and Control, March 2009. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICNSC.2009.4919345
- Wisol, “Lom102a user manual,” http://lora-support.wisol.co.kr/, 2017.
- G. F. George Deltas, Klaus Desmet, “Hub-and-spoke free trade areas: theory and evidence from israel,” Canadian Journal of Economics C.R.D.E., Universite de Montreal P.O. Box 6128, Station Centre-Ville Montreal, Quebec, H3C 3J7 Canada, 13 August 2012. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5982.2012.01722.x
- G. G. Das and S. Andriamananjara, “Hub-and-spokes free trade agreements in the presence of technology spillovers: An application to the western hemisphere,” Review of World Economics, Apr 2006. http://dx.doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1007/s10290-006-0056-x
- S. Huh, S. Cho, and S. Kim, “Managing iot devices using blockchain platform,” in 2017 19th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT), Feb 2017. http://dx.doi.org/https://doi.org/10.23919/icact.2017.7890132