Citation: Proceedings of the 2020 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 21, pages 431–434 (2020)
Abstract. The car-2-car communication it is a must for the next generation of cars. Such a functionality will increase the road safety by enhancing drivers awareness about road conditions and eventual obstacles. It can be also used to inform the cars behind about risky situations in order to trigger early avoidance actions (e.g. breaking). The available technologies were analyzed in order to define the best solution that should be accepted by most car manufacturers. A consortium took the responsibility to define a standard in this domain. The current paper analyze the feasibility of using a system based on LiFi technology, from image processing point of view for automatic beams detection. The paper consider the solution of using the beams of the car are used as a sender of information and an onboard camera running a special software is used as a receiver. This solution has the advantage of using already available hardware with small adaption, and only integrate the software.
- Car 2 Car Communication Consortium https://www.car-2-car.org/index.php?id=5
- C. Stoica Spahiu, L. Stanescu and M. Brezovan, "Improving driver warnings accuracy using low-cost sensors," 2018 19th International Carpathian Control Conference (ICCC), Szilvasvarad, 2018, pp. 377-382, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/CarpathianCC.2018.8399659.
- S. Eichler, C. Schroth, J. Eberspäche, “Car-to-Car Communication” Institute of Communication Networks, Technische Universität Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communications:Readiness of V2V Technology for Application.US Department of transportation,National Traffic Safety administration 2014, DOT HS 812 014
- H. Haas, "Opportunities and Challenges of Future LiFi," 2019 IEEE Photonics Conference (IPC), San Antonio, TX, USA, 2019, pp. 1-2.
- LiFi (Light Fidelity) & its Applications, FN Division, TEC (2014) pureLiFi. [Online]. http://purelifi.com/
- LiFI applicability: https://purelifi.com/case-study/lifi-in-a-classroom/
- Oldedcomm LIFI systems: https://www.oledcomm.net/category/products/lifinet-modems-accessories/
- M. Alsumady, S. Alboon, “Intelligent Automatic High Beam Light Controller”. Old City Publishing, Inc. Published by license under the OCP Science imprint, a member of the Old City Publishing Group., pp 1-8, 2013
- High Beam assistance: https://www.hella.com/techworld/au/Technical/Automotive-lighting/High-beam-assist-583/
- C.Stoica Spahiu, L.Stanescu, M.Brezovan, F.Petcusin, “LiFi Technology Feasibility Study for Car-2-Car Communication”, 21st International Carpathian Control Conference, 2020