Citation: Proceedings of the 2020 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 21, pages 501–510 (2020)
Abstract. Long Range (LoRa) is a low powered wide area communications technology, which uses radio frequencies in the industrial, scientific and medical (ISM) band to transmit data over long distances. Due to these properties, i.e., the long range and little restrictions on deployment and use, LoRa is a good candidate for building an asset tracking application on, for example targeting search and rescue operations. This paper describes the development and testing of such a prototype, using commercial off-the-shelf Internet of Things (IoT) consumer devices and a proprietary mesh protocol.
- A. Davis. Cellular baseband security. Georgia Institute of Technology, 2012. Available at https://smartech.gatech.edu/bitstream/handle/1853/43766/davis_andrew_t_201205_ro.pdf (2020/02/05).
- A. Turner. Tackling cellular vulnerabilities. Available at https://misti.com/infosec-insider/tackling-cellular-vulnerabilities (2020/02/04). MISTI.
- Pycom. Pycom company website. Available at https://pycom.io/(2020/02/03).
- Semtech. Lora modulation basics. Available at https://web.archive.org/web/20190718200516/https://www.semtech.com/uploads/documents/an1200.22.pdf (2020/04/27).
- N. Suri, M. Tortonesi, J. Michaelis, P. Budulas, G. Benincasa, S. Russell, C. Stefanelli, and R. Winkler. Analyzing the applicability of internet of things to the battlefield environment, 2016 International Conference on Military Communications and Information Systems (ICMCIS), 23-24 May 2016, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICMCIS.2016.7496574, Brussels, Belgium
- K. Mekki, E. Bajica, F. Chaxel, and F. Meyer, A comparative study of LPWAN technologies for large-scale IoT deployment, ICT Express Volume 5, Issue 1, March 2019, Pages 1-7.
- Pycom. Lopy4 specsheets. Available at https://docs.pycom.io/gitbook/assets/specsheets/Pycom 002 Specsheets LoPy4 v2.pdf (2020/03/19).
- Pycom. Pytrack specsheets. Available at https://docs.pycom.io/gitbook/assets/pytrack-specsheet-1.pdf (2020/03/19).
- Pycom. Pymesh documentation. Available at https://docs.pycom.io/pymesh/ (2020/03/19).
- L. Alliance. LoRaWAN specification. Available at https://lora-alliance.org/sites/default/files/2018-04/lorawantm_specification_-v1.1.pdf (2020/02/03). Section 2, LoRaWAN Regional Parameters.
- Semtech. Understanding lora adaptive data rate. Available at https://lora-developers.semtech.com/library/tech-papers-and-guides/understanding-adr/ (2020/04/27).
- OpenThread. Openthread opensource thread implementation. Available at https://openthread.io/ (2020/02/03).
- T. Group. What is thread. Available at https://www.threadgroup.org/What-is-Thread (2020/03/19).
- H. Engstad, E. Andersen, S. Røkenes and T. Blaalid. Long Range Mesh Networks. NTNU, Department of Computer Science, May 2020.
- Gaia. Gaia gps company site. Available at https://www.gaiagps.com/ (2020/04/29).
- Django. Django framework. Available at https://www.djangoproject.com (2020/02/04).
- React. React framework. Available at https://reactjs.org/ (2020/04/27).
- Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), The GeoJSON Format, RFC 7946 Standards Track, August 2016.
- P. forum. wlan causes core panic. Available at https://forum. pycom.io/topic/5765/loadprohibited-core-panic-when-initialize-wlan (2020/04/29).
- pypi.org. Haversine formula library for python. Available at https://pypi.org/project/haversine/ (2020/04/29).
- F. T. Johnsen, Z. Zielinski, K. Wrona, N. Suri, C. Fuchs, M. Pradhan, J. Furtak, B. Vasilache, V. Pellegrini, M. Dyk, M. Marks, and M. Krzyszton, Application of IoT in Military Operations in a Smart City, 2018 International Conference on Military Communications and Information Systems (ICMCIS), Warsaw, Poland, 22 - 23 May 2018.
- M. Pradhan, F. T. Johnsen, M. Tortonesi, and S. Delaitre, Leveraging Crowdsourcing and Crowdsensing Data for HADR Operations in a Smart City Environment, IEEE Internet of Things Magazine, Volume: 2, Issue: 2 , June 2019.
- gps coordinates. Gps, distance calculator. Available at https://gps-coordinates.org/distance-between-coordinates.php (2020/04/29).
- J. Michaelis, A. Morelli, A. Raglin, D. James, and N. Suri. Leveraging LoRaWAN to Support IoBT in Urban Environments. 207-212. 10.1109/WF-IoT.2019.8767294.
- B. Jalaian, T. Gregory, N. Suri, S. Russell, L. Sadler, and M. Lee. Evaluating LoRaWAN-based IoT devices for the tactical military environment, 2018 IEEE 4th World Forum on Internet of Things (WF-IoT), 5-8 Feb. 2018, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/WF-IoT.2018.8355225, Singapore, Singapore