Citation: Position Papers of the 2020 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 22, pages 11–14 (2020)
Abstract. Since it is impractical to replace the entire traditional network by the SDN network due to some constraints i.e. financial budget, limited skills to SDN, in addition to the need to have the benefits and flexibility of the traditional network, the partial replacement implemented by deploying or replacing some legacy nodes by the SDN switches have emerged. Such replacement requires routing and security addressing coordination issues. In this research, we present our proposed solution for automatic replacement of a segment of the legacy network by SDN nodes, and generation of a set of OpenFlow rules and switches configuration that meets the traditional network behavior requirements. The rules are identified based on the analysis of the network traffic acquired from the legacy segment.
- J. Stringer, D. Pemberton, Q. Fu and C. Lorier , R. Nelson and J. Bailey et al., "Cardigan: SDN distributed routing fabric going live at an Internet exchange", IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC), 2014, pp. 1-7, Available on: https://doi.org/10.1109/ISCC.2014.6912501.
- L. Hui and A. Nipun and Z. Hui and L. Cristian and R. Junghwan and J. Guofei, "HybNET: Network Manager for a Hybrid Network Infrastructure", Proceedings of the Industrial Track of the 13th ACM/IFIP/USENIX International Middleware Conference, USA, 2013, pp 1-6, Available on: https://doi.org/10.1145/2541596.2541602.
- J. Sushant and K. Alok and M. Subhasree and O. Joon and L. Poutievski, "B4: Experience with a Globally-Deployed Software Defined Wan", Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM 2013 Conference on SIGCOMM, 2013, pp 3-14, Available on: https://doi.org/10.1145/2486001.2486019.
- Y. Jiaqi and L. Xin and J. Dong, "Simulation of a Software-Defined Network as One Big Switch", Proceedings of the 2017 ACM SIGSIM Conference on Principles of Advanced Discrete Simulation, 2017, pp 149-159, Available on: https://doi.org/10.1145/3064911.3064918.
- T. Nelson, A. Ferguson, D. YuU, R.Fonseca , S. Krishnamurthi, "Exodus: toward automatic migration of enterprise network configurations to SDNs", Proceedings of the 1st ACM SIGCOMM Symposium on Software Defined Networking Research, 2015, pp. 1-7, Available on: https://doi.org/10.1145/2774993.2774997.
- Y. Yuan, D. Lin and S. Anil and H. Verma and A. Chelluri and R. Alur and B. T. Loo,"NetEgg: A Scenario-Based Programming Toolkit for SDN Policies", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol.26, n.5, 2018, pp 2104-2117, Available on: https://doi.org/10.1109/TNET.2018.2861919.
- C. Jin, C. Lumezanu, Q.Xu, Z-L.Zhang, and G.Jiang,"Telekinesis: Controlling legacy switch routing with OpenFlow in hybrid networks", (Symposium on Software Defined Networking (SDN) Research, SOSR , 2015, Available on: https://doi.org/http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2774993.2775013.
- X. Nguyen, D. Saucez, C. Barakat and T. Turletti, "Rules Placement Problem in OpenFlow Networks: A Survey", in IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, Second quarter, vol. 18, no. 2, 2016, pp. 1273-1286, Avaliable on: https://doi.org/10.1109/COMST.2015.2506984.