Citation: Communication Papers of the 2020 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 23, pages 35–42 (2020)
Abstract. In this paper the results concerning changes introduced into the architecture of connections of an industrial computer network built on the basis of solutions characteristic of the Industrial Internet of Things were described. We introduce the new solutions improving such properties of industrial networks as: reliability, information security and usage of computational resources available in edge elements. The basic goal of the research was ensuring continuous functioning of the industrial computer network. Isolation of critical elements of the technological process can have far-reaching consequences, including local threats to workers' health and life, and even global technological disasters. Continuity of operation as a consequence of the reliability of the components of an information system is one of its most desirable properties. The offered solution is based on the use of multi-channel reconfigured optical bus that is activated when the basic communication channels fail. In addition, the use of the described solutions for the build of a parallel, heterogeneous computing system based on elements of the Arduino and Raspberry Pi and system servers has been described and evaluated.
- A. Dehghantanga and K. K. R. Choo, Handbook of Big Data and IoT Security. Springer, 2019.
- C. Alcaraz, Security and Privacy Trends in the Industrial Internet of Things. Springer, 2019.
- M. Alazab and M. J. Tang, Deep Learning Applications for Cyber Security. Springer Nature, 2019.
- M. Collins, Network Security Through Data Analysis. Building Situational Awareness. Sebastopol: O’Reilly, 2013.
- M. J. Zuo, Optimal reliability modeling: principles and applications. Hoboken: John Wiley & Sons, 2003.
- M. L. Shooman, Reliability of Computer Systems and Networks: Fault Tolerance Analysis and Design. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2002.
- P. Stavroulakis, Reliability, survivability and quality of large scale telecommunication systems. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons, 2003.
- S. Bhattacharjee, Practical Industrial Internet of Things Security. Birmingham: Packt, 2018.
- P. Hajder and Łukasz Rauch, “Reconfiguration of the multi-channel communication system with hierarchical structure and distributed passive switching,” in Computational Science – ICCS 2019, 19th International Conference. Faro, Portugal: Springer, 2019, pp. 502–516.
- A. Banafa, Secure and Smart Internet of Things (IoT). Using Blockchain and AI. Gistrup: River Publishers, 2018.
- A. Kott and E. J. Colbert, Cyber-security of SCADA and Other Industrial Control Systems. Cham: Springer Nature, 2016.
- F. Paganelli and G. J. van Viet, Resilience and Reliability on AWS. Sebastopol: O’Reilly Media, 2013.
- B. Bollobas, Modern Graph Theory. New York: Springer, 1998.
- J. Bang-Jensen and G. Z. Gutin, Digraphs: Theory, Algorithms and Applications. London: Springer, 2010.
- M. D. Rahman, Basic Graph Theory. Cham: Springer International Publishing AG, 2017.
- P. Mathis, Graphs and Networks. New York: Wiley & Sons, 2010.
- R. Diestel, Graph Theory. New York: Springer, 2010.
- N. J. Smith and A. P. Sage, “An introduction to hierarchical systems theory,” Computers & Electrical Engineering, vol. 1, pp. 55–71, 1973.
- M. D. Mesarovic, D. Macko, and Y. Takahara, Theory of hierarchical multilevel systems. New York: Academic Press, 1970.
- M. Hajder and J. Kolbusz, Formalizacja projektowania architektury systemów informacyjnych. Rzeszow: Wyższa Szkoła Informatyki i Zarządzania, 2015.
- M. Hajder, M. Nycz, and J. Kolbusz, “Grafowe reprezentacje obiektów technicznych,” in Innowacyjna gmina. Informatyka w jednostkach samorządu terytorialnego, M. Hajder, Ed. Rzeszów: Wyższa Szkoła Informatyki i Zarządzania, 2014, pp. 163–172.
- L. Lladis, Y. Kim, S. sarafijanovic, and V. Sarafijanovic, “Performance evaluation of a tape library system,” in IEEE 24th International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS), London, 2016.
- T. Sterling, M. Anderson, and M. Brodowicz, High Performance Computing. Modern Systems and Practices. Cambridge, MA, USA: Morgan Kaufmann, 2018.