Citation: Proceedings of the 2020 International Conference on Research in Management & Technovation, Shivani Agarwal, Darrell Norman Burrell, Vijender Kumar Solanki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 24, pages 57–62 (2020)
Abstract. Implementing social responsibility activities (CSR) towards sustainable development (Sustainable Development) is one of the issues that businesses pay special attention. The study selected research scope in Hanoi, Vietnam. Applying qualitative and quantitative methods to evaluate the influence and the degree of influence of the corporate social responsibility factor on the sustainable development of industrial small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Hanoi, Vietnam. The study carried out a survey of 182 industrial SMEs allocated according to different business sectors and territories in Hanoi. The research results showed that the social activities of enterprises have a positive influence on the sustainable development of industrial small and medium-sized enterprises in Hanoi, besides other factors such as: Conscious innovation; Finance; Human resources; Local support policies and the manufacturing.Objectives of the study: This study aims to evaluate the impact of corporate social responsibility factors on the sustainable development of small and medium industrial enterprises in Hanoi, among other factors such as: Manufacturing technology; Business's resource enterprises; Innovation; Local support policies.
- Baker. S, 1997. The Politics of Sustainable Development. London, Routledge.
- General Statistics Office of Vietnam, 2019
- Viet Nam Enterprises Law, 2014. No. 68/2014/QH13
- Ministry of sustainable development targets of enterprises, 2017-2019. Viet Nam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI).
- Do Hai Hung, Than Thanh Son, (2020). Study on the effect of manufacturing technology factor on the sustainable development of industrial SMEs in Hanoi. Advances in Management & Applied Economics, Vol.10, No.4,35-45.
- Trinh Duc Chieu, 2010. The impact factor influence to growth of small and medium enterprises in Viet Nam, Government Economics Research.
- Phung The Dong, 2019, Supporting Vietnam's small and medium-sized enterprises in their current development. Finance Journal, No.11.
- Watts,P., & Holme, R (1999). Corporate social responsibility: Meeting changing expectations. World Business Council for Sustainable Development.
- Mina Rafiei and Luis A. Ricardez-Sandoval (2020). New frontiers, challenges, and opportunities in integration of design and control for enterprise-wide sustainability. Computers and Chemical Engineering, 132, 106610.
- Bridger.J, 1999. Toward an Interactional Approach to Sustainable Community Development. Journal of Rural Studies: 15(4).
- Wood, D., 2010. Measuring corporate social performance: A review. International Journal of Management Reviews. 12/1: 20-32.
- Gossling, T and Vocht, C., 2007. Social role conceptions and CSR policy success. Journal of Business Ethics. 47/40: 363-372.
- Carroll, A. B., 1991. The pyramid of corporate social responsibility: Toward the moral management of organizational stakeholders. Business horizons. 34/4: 39-48.
- Duygu. T, 2008. Measuring Corporate Social Responsibility: A Scale Development Study. Journal of Business Ethics, 85, 411-427.
- Imran. A, 2010. Effects of Motivational Factors on Employees Job Satisfaction a Case Study of University of Punjab. International Journal of Business and Management, Vol.5, No.3.
- Quintero-Angel, M., Peña-Montoya, C. C., Fajardo-Toro, C. H., & Aguilera-Castillo, A (2018). Opportunities and Challenges for Sustainable Business Strategic Planning in Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). In Green Production Strategies for Sustainability (pp. 153-167).
- Farsi, J. Y., & Toghraee, M. T (2014). Identification the main challenges of small and medium sized enterprises in exploiting of innovative opportunities (Case study: Iran SMEs). Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research, 4(1).
- Le Ngoc Nuong, 2018. Factors affecting the development of small and medium industrial enterprises in Thai Nguyen-Viet Nam, Economic and Business Management University.
- Shivani Agarwal, Anjali Jindal, Pooja Garg, & Renu Rastogi (2017). “Influence of Quality of Work Life on Trust – Empirical Insights from a SEM Application”, The Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Vol 15, No. 4, pp. 506-25(ISSN 1753-0806)
- Phan Van Dan, 2012. Building a scale for enterprise sustainability, Scientific Journal, Can Tho University
- Ibrahim. U, 2008. An analysis of strategic factors affecting the performance of small and medium industries in Borno State of Nigeria. St Clements University, Nigeria.
- Bouazza. A, 2015. Small and Medium Enterprises as an Effective Sector for Economic Development and Employment Creation in Algeria, International Journal of Economics, Commer, Vol.3 (2).