Practical parallelization of Gear-Nordsieck and Brayton-Gustavson-Hatchel stiff ODE solver
Citation: Proceedings of the 16th Conference on Computer Science and Intelligence Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki, D. Ślęzak (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 25, pages 313–316 (2021)
Abstract. The paper starts with presentation of the details of BGH ODE solver. For the test purposes the set of differential equations, describing heat transfer, has been used. Sequential version of BGH solver has been compared with popular GN solver showing higher efficiency. Profiling of both algorithms has led to the decision of parallelizing linear equation solving section and function evaluation. Threads affinity setting does not enhance processing speed of either algorithm. Finally, it has been proved that parallel version of BGH solver is far more efficient with respect to processing time.
- J. Bylina. “A Framework for Generating and Evaluating Parallelized Code”. In: Proceedings of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems. Vol. 11. 2017, pp. 493–496. http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2017F230.
- S. Fialko and V. Karpilovskyi. “Multithreaded Parallelization of the Finite Element Method Algorithms for Solving Physically Nonlinear Problems”. In: Proceedings of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems. Vol. 15. 2018, pp. 311–318. http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2018F40.
- J. P. Moreau. Website dedicated to numerical analysis. 2021. URL: http://jean-pierre.moreau.pagesperso-orange. fr.
- S. I. Solodushkin and I. F. Iumanova. “Parallel Numerical Methods for Ordinary Differential Equations: a Survey”. In: CEUR Workshop Proceedings. Vol. 1729. 2016, pp. 1–10. URL: http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1729/paper-01.
- M. Stabrowski. “Efficient Algorithm for Solving of Stiff Ordinary Differential Equations”. In: Simulation Practice and Theory 5 (1997), pp. 333–344. URL : https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/simulation-modelling-practice-and-theory.
- M. Stabrowski. “Parallel Real-world LU Decomposition: Gauss vs Crout Algorithm”. In: Open Computer Science (2018), pp. 210–217. URL: https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/comp.