StarCraft strategy classification of a large human versus human game replay dataset
Štefan Krištofík, Matúš Kasáš, Peter Malík
Citation: Proceedings of the 16th Conference on Computer Science and Intelligence Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki, D. Ślęzak (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 25, pages 137–140 (2021)
Abstract. Real-time strategy games are popular in AI research and education. Among them, Starcraft: Brood War (SCBW) is particularly well known. Recently, the largest known SCBW game replay dataset STARDATA was published. We classify player strategies used in the dataset for all 3 playable races and all 6 match-ups. We focus on early to mid-game strategies in matches less than 15 minutes long. By mapping the classified strategies to replay files, we label the files of the dataset and make the labeled dataset available.
- Z. Lin, J. Gehring, V. Khalidov and G. Synnaeve, “STARDATA: A StarCraft AI Research Dataset,” 13th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Interactive Digital Entertainment, AIIDE 2017, pp. 50–56, https://arxiv.org/abs/1708.02139.
- S. Ontañon, G. Synnaeve, A. Uriarte, F. Richoux, D. Churchill and M. Preuss, “A Survey of Real-Time Strategy Game AI Research and Competition in StarCraft,” IEEE Transactions on Computational Intelligence and AI in games, IEEE Computational Intelligence Society, 2013, 5(4), pp. 1–19, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TCIAIG.2013.2286295.
- Mi. Čertický, D. Churchill, K.-J. Kim, Ma. Čertický and R. Kelly, “StarCraft AI Competitions, Bots and Tournament Manager Software,” IEEE Transaction on Games, 2018, 11(3), pp. 227–237, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TG.2018.2883499.
- O. Vinyals, I. Babuschkin et al., “Grandmaster level in StarCraft II using multi-agent reinforcement learning,” Nature, 2019, 575, pp. 350–354, http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41586-019-1724-z.
- B. G. Weber and M. Mateas, “A data mining approach to strategy prediction,” IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Games, 2009, pp. 140-147, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/CIG.2009.5286483.
- H. C. Cho, K. J. Kim and S. B. Cho, “Replay-based strategy prediction and build order adaptation for StarCraft AI bots,” IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence in Games (CIG), 2013, pp. 1-7, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/CIG.2013.6633666.
- G. Synnaeve and P. Bessière, “A Dataset for StarCraft AI & an Example of Armies Clustering,” Artificial Intelligence in Adversarial Real-Time Games, 2012, https://arxiv.org/abs/1211.4552.
- Š. Krištofı́k, P. Malı́k, M. Kasáš, Š. Neupauer, “StarCraft agent strategic training on a large human versus human game replay dataset,” Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, FedCSIS 2020, 21, ACSIS, pp. 391–399, http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2020F178.
- M. Świechowski, “Game AI Competitions: Motivation for the Imitation Game-Playing Competition,” Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, FedCSIS 2020, 21, ACSIS, pp. 155–160, http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2020F126.