Risks of Concurrent Execution in E-Commerce Processes
Anastasija Nikiforova, Janis Bicevskis, Girts Karnitis, Ivo Oditis, Zane Bicevska
Citation: Proceedings of the 16th Conference on Computer Science and Intelligence Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki, D. Ślęzak (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 25, pages 447–451 (2021)
Abstract. The development of ICT facilitates replacing of traditional buying-selling processes withe-commerce solutions. Waiving the direct buyer-seller communication creates risks for both the buyer and the seller. If several customers are served at the same time, processes can interference each other. The paper offers a method to identify purchase/sale risks: (1) in single-customer, (2) in simultaneous multi-customer service processes. First, a model of the buying-selling process is created and conditions for the correctness of process execution are formulated. Then an analysis of all possible scenarios is performed using a symbolic execution. The obtained result allows to identify risks of e-commerce solution.
- Ecommerce Guide, “Ecommerce Statistics”, online: https://ecommerceguide.com/ecommerce-statistics, last accessed: 21.05.2021
- J. Bicevskis, G. Karnitis, “Testing of Execution of Concurrent Processes,” In International Baltic Conference on Databases and Information Systems (pp. 265-279). Springer, Cham, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-57672-1_20.
- E. O'Callaghan and J. Murray, “The International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research,” The International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research, vol. 27, no. 5, p. 435–436, 2017 http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09593969.2017.139195
- S. Forsythe and B. Shi. “Consumer patronage and risk perceptions in Internet shopping,” Journal of Business research, 56(11), 867-875, 2003.
- R. M . Al-dweeri, Z. M. Obeidat, M. A. Al-dwiry, M. T. Alshurideh, A. M. Alhorani, “The impact of e-service quality and e-loyalty on online shopping: moderating effect of e-satisfaction and e-trust,” International Journal of Marketing Studies, 9(2), 92-103, 2017, http://doi.org/10.5539/ijms.v9n2p92.
- R. Thakur, M. Srivastava, “A study on the impact of consumer risk perception and innovativeness on online shopping in India,” International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1108/IJRDM-06-2013-0128.
- P. Rita, T. Oliveira, A. Farisa, “The impact of e-service quality and customer satisfaction on customer behavior in online shopping,” Heliyon, 5(10), e02690, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heliyon.2019.e02690Get rights and content.
- N. Pappas, “Marketing strategies, perceived risks, and consumer trust in online buying behavior,” Journal of retailing and consumer services, 29, 92-103, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2015.11.007.
- C. Sellami, M. Baron, M. Bechchi, A. Hadjali, S. Jean, D. Chabot, “Towards a Unified Framework for Computational Trust and Reputation Models for e-Commerce Applications,” In Research Challenges in Information Science. RCIS 2021, vol 415. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-75018-3_44, 2021
- C. Bezes, “Comparing online and in-store risks in multichannel shopping,” International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1108/IJRDM-02-2015-0019.
- K. Wai, O. Dastane, Z. Johari, N. B. Ismail, “Perceived risk factors affecting consumers’ online shopping behavior,” The Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business, 6(4), 246-260, 2019, https://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3498766.
- U. Otika, E. Olise, O. B. Oby, “Risk Perceptions and Online Shopping Intention among Internet Users In Nigeria,” Global Journal of Management And Business Research, 2019.
- A. Nikiforova, J. Bicevskis, G. Karnitis, “Towards a Concurrence Analysis in Business Processes,” In 2020 Seventh International Conference on Social Networks Analysis, Management and Security (SNAMS) (pp. 1-6). IEEE, 2020, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/SNAMS52053.2020.9336566