Group Decision Support for e-Mail Service Optimization through Information Technology Infrastructure Library Framework
Yasen Mitev, Leoneed Kirilov
Citation: Proceedings of the 16th Conference on Computer Science and Intelligence Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki, D. Ślęzak (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 25, pages 227–230 (2021)
Abstract. The e-mail service takes significant part at the corporate collaboration due to its natural benefits: unification, traceability and the ease of use. To ensure that such a fundamental service is functioning and being maintained right, proper methods for measuring its efficiency and reliability are in place. In this paper we propose a group decision making approach that allows to choose proper asset of key performance indicators (KPIs) for measuring the operational performance of the service. A set of KPI indicators is proposed for quality assessment of e-mail service. The optimization of the service is done within ITIL framework.
- L. Hunnebeck, ITIL Service Design, The Stationery Office, London, 2011, ISBN 978-0113313051.
- M. Talla and R. Valverde, “An Implementation of ITIL Guidelines for IT Support Process in a Service Organization.“, International Journal of Information and Electronics Engineering, Vol.3, No.3, 2013, ISSN: 2010-3719.
- R. A. Steinberg, ITIL Service Operation; The Stationery Office; 2011, London; ISBN 978-0113313075.
- B. Trinkenreich and G. Santos, G., “Metrics to Support IT Service Maturity Models – A Case Study”, Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS), (Eds. S. Hammoudi, L. Maciaszek and E. Teniente), vol. 2, p.330-338; 2015, Barcelona, Spain.
- W. Guo and Y. Wang, “An Incident Management Model for SaaS Application in the IT Organization.”, Proceedings of the Int. Conf. on Research Challenges in Computer Science-ICRCCS '09, pp. 137-140, 2009 ISBN: 978-0-7695-3927-0.
- M. Spremic, Z. Zmirak, K. Kraljevic, “IT and business process performance management: Case study of ITIL implementation in finance service industry.”, Proc. Of the Int. Conf. on Information Technology Interfaces, 2008, 23-26 June 2008, Dubrovnik, pp. 243 – 250.
- D. Borissova, “Group decision making for selection of k-best alternatives”, Comptes rendus de l’Acad´emie bulgare des Sciences, 69 (2), 2016, pp. 183-190.
- I. Petrov, “On structural entropy and concentration analysis of industrial and market systems.”, In: (Ed. R. Andreev) Proceedings of the Int. Conference on Big Data, Knowledge and Control Systems Enginеering 2016, 11-24, Publisher: Union on Automatics and Informatics, Sofia. ISSN: 2367-6450.
- Al. Tsenov, “Approaches for Improvement of IT Systems Management”, International Journal of Innovative Science and Modern Engineering (IJISME), 3(6), 2015, pp. 95-98, ISSN: 2319-6386
- I. Popchev, Ir. Radeva. and Ir. Nikolova, “Aspects of the evolution from risk management to enterprise global risk management”, Engineering Sciences, LVIII, 2021, No. 1, pp. 16 – 30.
- P. Weichbroth, “Mining e-mail message sequences from log data”, Proceedings of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 15, pp. 845–848 (2018), http://dx.doi.org/http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2018F325
- L Kirilov, V Guliashki, K Genova, M Vassileva, B Staykov, “Generalized scalarizing model GENS in DSS WebOptim,”, International Journal of Decision Support System Technology (IJDSST) vol. 5, issue 3, 2013, pp. 1-11, http://dx.doi.org/10.4018/jdsst.2013070101.
- J. Rubio and M. Arcilla, “How to Optimize the Implementation of ITIL through a Process Ordering Algorithm”, Applied Sciences, 10 (1), 2020, 34; https://doi.org/10.3390/app10010034
- J. L. Rubio Sánchez, "Model to Optimize the Decision Making on Processes in IT Departments" Mathematics 9, no. 9: 983. 2021. https://doi.org/10.3390/math9090983
- R. Valverde, R. George, S. Talla, M. Talla, “ITIL-based IT service support process reengineering”, Intelligent Decision Technologies, pp. 1–20, 2013, IDT-130182.
- T. Eikebrokk and J. Iden, “Strategising IT service management through ITIL implementation: model and empirical test”, Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, vol. 28, No 3-4, pp. 238-265, 2017.
- Y. Xiaozhong, L. Jian and Y. Yong, “Study on the IT Service Evaluation System in ITIL-based Small and Medium-sized Commercial Banks.”, International Journal of Hybrid Information Technology, vol. 8, No.4, pp. 233-242, 2015, ISSN: 1738-9968.
- C. Pollard and A. Cater-Steel, “Justifications, strategies, and critical success factors in successful ITIL implementations in US and Australian companies: an exploratory study”, Information systems management, vol. 26, No 2, pp. 164-175, 2009.
- M. Brenner, “Classifying ITIL Processes; A Taxonomy under Tool Support Aspects”, Proceedings of the First IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Business-Driven IT management (BDIM 2006). http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/BDIM.2006.1649207.
- D. Krapohl, “A Structured Methodology for Group Decision Making”, 2012, online http://www.augmentedintel.com/content/articles/group_strategic_decision_making_with_weighted_decision_matrix.asp, (last accessed on: .05.2021)