Evaluation of Customer Satisfaction towards the Hospitality Industry: Using Kano Model
Umamaheswararao Gobbilla, A Bhavani Shree
Citation: Proceedings of the 2021 International Conference on Research in Management & Technovation, Vu Dinh Khoa, Shivani Agarwal, Gloria Jeanette Rincon Aponte, Nguyen Thi Hong Nga, Vijender Kumar Solanki, Ewa Ziemba (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 28, pages 111–116 (2021)
Abstract. This paper aims primarily at customer loyalty and quality of service, and at related factors of customer satisfaction using the Kano model in the hospitality industry. At marketplace, customers are king. Modern marketing is oriented towards consumers nowadays. Studying customer satisfaction has different factors. Such factors range from physical to psychological and from negative to constructive. Nonetheless, in most cases the study is based on two constructs as consumer experience pre, post services and the subjective evaluation of post-performance. Over the years, technology has developed and helped track customer satisfaction data for the management of the hotel industry. This study uses various dimensions of the quality of service to understand customer satisfaction to identify the relevant drivers of customer satisfaction with the help of Kano model.
- G. Dominici and F. Palumbo (2013), “The drivers of customer satisfaction in the hospitality industry: applying the Kano model to Sicilian hotels”. January 2013. International Journal of Leisure and Tourism Marketing 3(3):215-236.
- Klaus Solberg Soilen (2017), “How to improve customer satisfaction in luxury hotel industry: based on the Kano model”.
- Kirwin Paul (1992), “Increasing Sales and Profits through Guest Satisfaction”. Volume 33, Issue 5, October 1992, Pages 32-40.
- Rebekah Bennett (2004), “Customer satisfaction should not be the only goal”. December 2004. Article (PDF Available), in Journal of Services Marketing 187 (7).
- Jackie L.M. Tam (2008), “The Effects of Service Quality, Perceived Value and Customer Satisfaction on Behavioral Intentions”. October 2008.
- Riadh Ladhari (2009), “Service quality, emotional satisfaction, and behavioral intentions: A study in the hotel industry”. Publication date: 15 May 2009, Managing service quality: An International journal, ISSN: 0960-4529.
- Anna Kralj, David Solnet (2010), “Service climate and customer satisfaction in a casino hotel: An exploratory case study”. International journal of hospitality management 29 (4) 711-71.