The role of management capacity for the SD of small and medium enterprises in Vietnam
Hung Do Hai, Cuong Nguyen Manh
Citation: Proceedings of the 2021 International Conference on Research in Management & Technovation, Vu Dinh Khoa, Shivani Agarwal, Gloria Jeanette Rincon Aponte, Nguyen Thi Hong Nga, Vijender Kumar Solanki, Ewa Ziemba (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 28, pages 117–120 (2021)
Abstract. In the context of increasingly extensive international integration, the 4th industrial revolution is expanding to all areas of production. That is increasingly expanding and putting into practice, the sustainable development (SD) of enterprises of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) depends greatly on the management capacity of the team of administrators in the enterprise. The study selected research scope in Vietnam, to survey of 316 SMEs of different business sectors and territories. The study results showed that, the role of management capacity for the SD (SD) of SMEs in Vietnam very important, the influence level of management capacity has a greater than other factors as: State and local support policies, innovation consciousness, corporate social responsibility, finance and human resources
- General Statistics Office of Vietnam, 2019.
- Trinh Duc Chieu, 2010. The impact factor influence to growth of small and medium enterprises in Viet Nam, Government Economics Research.
- Phung The Dong, 2019, Supporting Vietnam's small and medium-sized enterprises in their current development. Finance Journal, No.11.
- Cant, M.C., & Wiid, J.A. (2013). Establishing the Challenges Affecting South African SMEs. International Business & Economics Research Journal, 12(6), 707-716).
- Hien, N. (2019). Study Factors Affecting Management Capacity and the Business Effectiveness: A Case of Small and Medium Enterprises in Vietnam. Academy of Entrepreneurship Journal.
- Chen, J. (2006). Development of Chinese small and medium-sized enterprises. Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, 13(2), 140-147.).
- Chuthamas, C. (2011). Factors Affecting Business Success of Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Thailand. Asian Social Science, 7(5), 180-190
- Le Ngoc Nuong, 2018. Factors affecting the development of small and medium industrial enterprises in Thai Nguyen-Viet Nam, Economic and Business Management University.
- Luminita, P. (2020). The Role of Managerial Skills in the SD of SMEs in Mehedinti Country, Romania. Sustainability Journal, 2020, 12(3).
- Peng T, Zhao.C, 2019. Research on the Survival and SD of Small and Medium Enterprises in China under the Background of Low-Carbon Economy, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(5), pages 1-17.
- Ministry of SD targets of enterprises, 2017-2019. Viet Nam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI).
- Phan Van Dan, 2012. Building a scale for enterprise sustainability, Scientific Journal, Can Tho University.
- Ibrahim. U, 2008. An analysis of strategic factors affecting the performance of small and medium industries in Borno State of Nigeria. St Clements University, Nigeria.
- Hung, D&Nguyen,H.2020. Corporate Social Responsibility for SD of Small and Medium Enterprises in Vietnam. Journal of Business and Economic Development, 2020, 5(3): 157-163
- Okpara, J.O., & Kabongo, J.D. (2009). An empirical evaluation of barriers hindering the growth of SMEs in a Developing Economy. African Journal of Business and Economic Research, 4(1), 7-21.).