Software Implementation of the Optimal Temporal Intuitionistic Fuzzy Algorithm for Franchisee Selection
Velichka Traneva, Deyan Mavrov, Stoyan Tranev
Citation: Proceedings of the 17th Conference on Computer Science and Intelligence Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki, D. Ślęzak (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 30, pages 387–390 (2022)
Abstract. The selection of the most suitable franchisee applicant in an uncertain environment in a particular moment of time is a key decision for a franchisor and the success of a franchising business.In this work, for the first time, we describe a problem for choosing the optimal candidate for the franchise chain and algorithm for a solution in terms of temporal intuitionistic fuzzy pairs and index matrices as a means for data analysis in uncertain conditions over time. We also use our software utility to demonstrate the proposed algorithm and to apply the decision support approach to a franchisee selection for the largest fast food restaurant chain in Bulgaria.
- B. Elango, “A bibliometric analysis of franchising research (1988–2017),” The Journal of Entrepreneurship, vol. 28 (2), 2019, pp. 223–249.
- D. Mavrov, “An Application for Performing Operations on Two-Dimensional Index Matrices,” Annual of “Informatics” Section, Union of Scientists in Bulgaria, vol. 10, 2019 / 2020, pp. 66-80.
- D. Mavrov, V. Atanassova, V. Bureva, O. Roeva, P. Vassilev, R. Tsvetkov, D. Zoteva, E. Sotirova, K. Atanassov, A. Alexandrov, H. Tsakov, “Application of Game Method for Modelling and Temporal Intuitionistic Fuzzy Pairs to the Forest Fire Spread in the Presence of Strong Wind,” Mathematics, vol. 10, 2022, pp. 1280. ttps://doi.org/10.3390/mat10081280
- E. Szmidt, J. Kacprzyk, “Amount of information and its reliability in the ranking of Atanassov’s intuitionistic fuzzy alternatives,” in: Rakus-Andersson, E., Yager, R., Ichalkaranje, N., etc. (eds.), Recent Advances in Decision Making, SCI, Springer, Heidelberg, vol. 222, 2009, pp. 7–19.
- K. Atanassov, “Index Matrices: Towards an Augmented Matrix Calculus,” Studies in Computational Intelligence, Springer, vol. 573, 2014.
- K. Atanassov, “On Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets Theory,” STUDFUZZ, vol. 283, Springer, Heidelberg, 2012. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-29127-2.
- K. Atanassov, D. Mavrov, V. Atanassova, “Intercriteria decision making: a new approach for multicriteria decision making, based on index matrices and intuitionistic fuzzy sets,” Issues in IFSs and Generalized Nets, vol. 11, 2014, pp. 1-8.
- K. Atanassov, E. Szmidt, J. Kacprzyk, V. Atanassova, “An approach to a constructive simplication of multiagent multicriteria decision making problems via ICrA,” Comptes rendus de lAcademie bulgare des Sciences, vol. 70 (8), 2017, pp. 1147-1156.
- K. Atanassov, P. Vassilev, O. Roeva, “Level Operators over Intuitionistic Fuzzy Index Matrices,” Mathematics, vol. 9, 2021, pp. 366.
- L. Zadeh, “Fuzzy Sets,” Information and Control, vol. 8 (3), 1965, pp. 338-353.
- N. Ikonomov, P. Vassilev, O. Roeva, “ICrAData - Software for InterCriteria Analysis,” Int. Journal Bioautomation, vol. 22, 2018, pp. 1-10.
- P. Hsu, B. Chen, “Developing and Implementing a Selection Model for Bedding Chain Retail Store Franchisee Using Delphi and Fuzzy AHP,” Quality & Quantity, vol. 41, 2007, pp. 275-290.
- R. J. Kuo, S. C. Chi, S. S. Kao, “A decision support system for selecting convenience store location through integration of FAHP and artificial neural network,” Computers in Industry, vol. 47 (2), 2002, pp. 199-214.
- S. Fidanova, M. Ganzha, O. Roeva, “InterCriteria analyzis of hybrid ant colony optimization algorithm for multiple knapsack problem,” In: Proceedings of the 16th Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS), Science and intelligence systems, Sofia, Bulgaria, vol. 25, 2021, pp. 173–180.
- V. Atanassova, O. Roeva, “Computational complexity and influence of numerical precision on the results of ICrA in the decision making process,” Notes on IFSs, vol. 24 (3), 2018, pp. 53-63.
- V. Traneva, S. Tranev, D. Mavrov, “Interval-Valued Intuitionistic Fuzzy Decision-Making Method using Index Matrices and Application in Outsourcing,” In: Proceedings of the 16th Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS), Sofia, Bulgaria, vol. 25, 2021, pp. 251–255.
- V. Traneva, S. Tranev, M. Stoenchev, K. Atanassov, “Scaled aggregation operations over two- and three-dimensional index matrices,” Soft computing, vol. 22, 2019, pp. 5115-5120.
- V. Traneva, S. Tranev, Index Matrices as a Tool for Managerial Decision Making, Publ. House of the USB; 2017 (in Bulgarian).
- V. Traneva, S. Tranev, “IF Algorithm for Optimal Selection of Franchisees,” in: Kahraman C. (eds) Infus2022, Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, vol. 504, Springer, Cham, pp. 632-640, 2022.
- V. Traneva, S. Tranev, “IF Analysis of Variance of Ticket Sales,” in: Kahraman, C. (eds.) INFUS 2020, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol. 1197, Springer, Cham, 2021, pp. 363-340.
- V. Traneva, S. Tranev, D. Mavrov, “Application of an Interval-Valued Intuitionistic Fuzzy Decision-Making Method in Outsourcing Using a Software Program,” Studies in computational intelligence, Springer, 2023 (in press)